Strangest Place You Have Found Your Cat(s)

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just remembered! When I first got Cookie and Suzie they were pretty small and we kept them in the bedroom where we keep the computer. Hubby pulled out the drawer for the keyboard and they were both laying on either side of the key board. Their safe haven was no more.

I wish I had a camera at that moment, it was classic.

aphrodeia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My girls are pretty tame, but my mother's cat opens drawers and uses them to climb higher and higher in the wall o' storage. Once, the drawer rolled shut and she was squooshed inside. She must have been in there for an entire day before they found her. Poor little dork.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wonton has ripped the cover to our boxspring open, and when something scares him, like the vaccuum or a thunderstorm, he goes in there and hides. it's quite open in there, i've looked in ther ewith a flashlight and its safe, nothing sharp for him to hurt himself on, so i let him have his little "safety cave".

cats tho...they get in the strangest places. more than once i've panicked when i couldn't find him, thinking he must have gotten out. went around the whole apartment, looking everywhere at least twice-no kitty... only to find them in some really strange place you'd think it's impossible for a cat to get into .the first time he hid in the boxspring thats what happened. i really thought he'd gotten out, and was about to go outside looking for him, when i noticed that the fabric of the boxspring was ripped open enough that he could climb inside..and there he was, sitting there. thats the frustrating thing-they know you're calling them, and they don't budge!

aubidar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've learned that it's dangerous to leave ANYTHING open and turn your back! Bubbles climbed into the dishwasher when I turned to get more dishes.

And Leela climbed into mu husbands Guitar! Hed taken the string off to restring it and left the room to get something, came back and picked up the guitar and she popped her head out!

Ain't they great

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We once found Cooper stuck behind the water heater hanging upside down! Poor baby had been there for hours and all the blood vessels in his eyes were broken and he had peed all over himself. I was just so happy we found him because he most likely would have died had we not found him. He was very tired and dehydrated, but after lots of water, some food, and plenty of love, he was ok.

Cooper is the one who always manages to get himself in predicaments.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first brought Lucy home, she got scared and crawled behind the fridge and under the dishwasher. She got stuck in all the wires and we couldn't reach her. She finally came out about an hour later..

Stinky used to crawl into our vents when it was cold in the winter (before we started letting him in), and we'd here a meowing noise coming from the floor in my room. We got the flashlight and looked down into the vent, and he was peeking up at us.

After we brought Sassy home, she usually just stayed under my bed. I was looking for her for something, and I looked under the bed, and she wasn't there, so I looked under the kitchen sink, because she liked to hide in there sometimes, and I still couldn't find her, so when I came back to my room, I peeked into the bathroom, and she was sleeping on the toilet seat.

Our siamese Sassy used to like to get into the cabinets and sleep on our plates, and they got all hairy, so we ended up having to make sure she couldn't get in there anymore.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We used to have a Siamese cat who would climb the shower curtains and balance on the rod holding them. He would meow until one or more dogs came to investigate, and then jump down on them. One dog became totally neurotic about going in the bathroom!
The strangest place Jamie got into was the roughly 1 1/2" gap between the radiator and wall in our living room (he was ten weeks old). For the next few weeks, I had towels stuffed behind every radiator in the house - luckily it was summer. He still loves to get inside duvet covers and pillow cases.
When fwan's Teufel and Kaylee visited, Kaylee disappeared one day. I looked all over, and finally opened up a can of food in the spare bedroom, where I suspected she was, since Teufel was helping me look - she had crawled under our upright piano in there, looking for one of her toys (she pushed them all under there every day, and I would have to use a yardstick to get them out.). Don't ask me how she managed to fit.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milo was found under the oven, he went in through the cupboard which was open at the back and climbed under the oven. He was also found sleeping on top of my boyfriends dads clothes. He has a shelf on top of the clothes hanging up in his closet and Milo sleeps up there, and now Zebra does too.

I found Zebra in the bathroom hiding in the cabinet where there is an empty space. I also found her in a closed closet, she pushes on the door and then goes in through the little opening.

I found my cat sara (who lives with my parents) in my doll house when i was a kid. The door was really tiny and I had catnip hiding in there (her christmas present) and she pushed the door open and went in and was sitting in there eating the catnip, and she was way too big for it and was stuck sitting on the stairs.