strange things your cats eat...

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a yellow naped amazon parrot, who gets peanuts as treats. We keep her treats close to her play stand. Peyton has decided that he rather enjoys eating the peanuts. He gets them out of the bag cracks them and eats them...shortly after he started eating them Phoenix started eating them. I find this a bit strange
What strange things do your cats eat?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoey potato and corn chips...

Sylvie and Pj love egg

railntrailcwgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Storm LOVES peanuts!! She also likes cashews, dog biscuits, cheese, Carmel corn, pop corn, ice cream, pretty much anything sweet.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fluffy will eat anything that will hold still, especially if it is on a plate. Asparagus, tomatoes, pico de gallo, corn, corned beef hash, brownies, macaroni and cheese, anything. She even likes to lick Popsicles, frozen juice or flavored water for those of you not familiar. She has a fit if she does not get a sip of milk from my cereal bowl at breakfast. She will stomp her paws and hiss. I have to be careful that she does not get too much food that may not be good for her. I have to fight with her for chocolate pudding. It is amazing she is not a little butterball, but she manages to maintain her girlish figure.
The others mostly eat cat food, with the occasional human food treat. A lot of times they will just smell human food and look at me funny.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pepino is obsessed with lettuce and screams when I am making salad, I have to leave a container of lettuce for him when we go away and his sitter gives it to him

Sophia loves anything that comes in a bag, chips doritos, etc, she will even eat Vinegar and salt potato chips

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plastic. She looooooooves plastic...she will do anything to eat plastic. I really have to keep an eye on her.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Jake loves bananas
Oscar is afraid of bananas. I'm not even kidding you...he puffs up and backs away when one is near. Kind of funny yet sad at the same time.

But he LOVES Romaine Lettuce. He begs for it like Scotty begs for Tuna.

Scotty doesn't really care for anything strange really. Just Oscar.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zebra loves chips and cheesies. Milo will not eat anything other than his food, tuna and one type of treat.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to be careful in my house. I have a couple of "garbage gut" cats in Archie and Tex. I had to stop Archie once from eating a ginger-molasses cookie I had set on the counter. They like Danish pastry from Costco! They like Haagen Dazs mango sorbet! Mock crab. Shrimp. Any meat sandwich I am eating. Graham crackers. Chips. Bread. Fruity or vanilla yogurt. In other words, I get no peace!

When I wasn't looking Archie once took a BIIIG bite of a chicken salad croissant sandwich - complete with lettuce, tomato, and the chicken salad which had bits of celery in it. He didn't care. Must have smelled wonderful to him.

zirpkatze

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
tiger eats the other cats' puke. gross but saves me a cleanup
one of them, i forget who, likes rice cakes

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fatman who has now taken to being called Tubbs or Crocket (generally Im called Tubbs and the cats called Crocket gotta love BFs new nicknames LOL) will eat ANYTHING we actually have to guard our plates because of him.
GiGi is quite picky and normally only comes running when she hears a cereal box. Hercules doesnt eat anything other than catfood not even treats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL after reading all of your responses I dont feel too strange now about him eating peanuts...I have never saw a cat eat nuts of any kind but he absolutely loves them he will even fight Abbie(parrot) for them its quite funny!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Daisy loves strawberries. I don't know if she actually eats them or just likes the smell. Either way, I can't keep them out on the counter. She'll start smelling the air and jump up and start trying to chew her way thru the plastic container. I have to put them in the fridge. I give her one whenever I'm eating them, and she carries it around, but she doesn't really seem to do more than nip it with her teeth. Speck likes celery, particularly the leafy top.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger like to eat plastic... I swear he has pica.
I caught him eating a strawberry that he stole from my plate a couple days ago too!

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Plastic. She looooooooves plastic...she will do anything to eat plastic. I really have to keep an eye on her.
Ripley is exactly the same. She eats hair bands too. Sometimes she just licks plastic and drools. Why?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Lucy will lick and chew on plastic bags.

Much loves cornbread. If she smells it, she is in your face until she gets some.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I try my very hardest to limit my kitties exposure to human food...but,

Harvey LOVES any bread products. Donuts are his absolute favorite. He will jump on the kitchen counter and get into the box. French fries are tempting to him too.

Luke goes crazy for yogurt. Which I ashamedly admit I let him share. Josh hates it and thinks it's gross. Which I suppose it is, but it makes him SO happy.

Danny really doesn't like anything. Or at least he hasn't discovered anything yet!