Strange thing I have never seen before with a male cat.

sylvanessa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
           Just a few minutes ago my 1 yr old male began acting like he was attacking the top of the back of the couch then jumped off and ran away. All along the back of the couch was a thick white liquid. I would say it looked just like semen. It was everywhere. All together it probably would have amounted to close to a 1/4 cup if not more. It had no odor and the feel of a thin hand lotion. I have owned cats non stop for over 30 years and have never seen this before. As for the cat he has wet spots all over his body but it doesn't appear he rolled in it. Seriously stumped. Oh! He is not fixed. If that may make a difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylvanessa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No. As far as we can tell it came from him. 

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have no idea
. Sounds strange, but I've never had a 1 year old unaltered male, so what do I know? Maybe it's normal. Hopefully someone who knows will answer shortly.

BTW - Welcome to TCS!! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylvanessa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank You for the welcome. :)

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My 8 month old un-neutered male likes to hump the dog's toys sometimes, but I haven't had the semen problem. I was going to wait until he was a year to neuter him, but if that's what I have to look forward too, I may try to get it done a bit sooner.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was he biting the back of the couch?  It could be semen, especially if he is not neutered.  Although 1/4 cup is quite a bit I don't think they would produce that much.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A human doesn't even produce that much, I'm curious though you have a black light to look at it with?

shunra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there any reason he isn't castrated yet?  The longer you leave it the more likely he is to start spraying, and he may well get sexually frustrated as well.