Strange Spot / Bump On The Bridge Of Kitten's Nose

Katonic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

About a week ago we adopted a bonded pair of kittens, and when we brought them home we noticed that the girl has a raised spot on her nose ( same color as her fur ) that has a black dot in the middle. When I touch it, it feels a little hard and rough. But it doesn't come off.

I've attached a few images down below, it's hard to get a good picture of it as she's very skittish and runs if we get too close.

Her and her brother play pretty rough together, is it possible it's just a scratch, or a bite? Or does it look like it could be something else? I'm just a bit worried :(

If anyone could give me any insight it would be greatly appreciated. :) Thank you!

Screenshot_2019-01-18-09-53-11.png
Screenshot_2019-01-18-09-52-54.png

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swanie had something a bit like that on his nose and it turned out to be a cyst. We had it removed and biopsied. But I think his was more round in shape. Hard to remember it was a long time ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katonic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
I think that's a partly healed scratch...? Do you have a vet you could send the photo to?
Thank you for your reply! We're still in the process of transferring over to a new vet :( We're hoping that we can take her in as soon as possible just to get it checked out.

Katonic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom it does look like a scratch. I cant see any infection or swelling. Does it bother her? Has it altered since you first noticed it?
Thank you for your reply! I certainly hope it's nothing more than a scratch. :( and it might have grown a bit, but I'm unsure... she doesn't like us touching her very often so it's hard to get a good look at it because she's so skittish... I don't think it bothers her, she's extremely playful and is acting normally.

Katonic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Swanie had something a bit like that on his nose and it turned out to be a cyst. We had it removed and biopsied. But I think his was more round in shape. Hard to remember it was a long time ago.
Thank you for the response, although I'm sorry to hear about Swanie! But I'm glad it was no more than a cyst, and that you were able to have it removed. :) Did you initially notice any symptoms other than the bump?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the response, although I'm sorry to hear about Swanie! But I'm glad it was no more than a cyst, and that you were able to have it removed. :) Did you initially notice any symptoms other than the bump?
No symptoms, just a bump. We watched it for a while but it didn't go away so vet suggested we have it removed and biopsied.