Strange Pattern of Vomiting

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jinxywinx

Well, Mauli's appointment was yesterday afternoon.
The vet did some blood tests again and a test for a fungus on the inside of her ears because of the scratching (negative). He seems to think that she is simply suffering from hairballs and that the red tinge is from the dye in the food.
He told me to use OTC hairball treatment, and feed her Purina Pro Plan. He is still adamant about dry food, but she seemed to do so well on wet food and hasn't thrown up since I have been feeding her that.
Thank you for the vibes!! I will continue to watch her and update.
Wow, I didn't realize they were still manufacturing pet foods with dye in them. *cringe*

Your vet is wrong about the kibble and the proof is in the pudding. I say keep on with the canned food!
(And if you aim for a rotation of mostly grain-, veggie-, fruit- and fish-free foods, I'm willing to bet your baby will stop scratching at her ears, too!)

On a side note, it kinda blows my mind how many vets are prescribing hairball meds, allergy meds, laxatives, etc. instead of simply upgrading the cat's diet to one more biologically-appropriate for her obligatorily carnivorous nature. *shakes head*

AC