Strange kitty habits

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Napoleon drags blankets and sweaters around too. His motivation is less Linus, more Casanova. Despite being neutered, that tuxedo pervert of mine humps knit objects from one end of the house to another. He especially enjoys doing this when my mother (a very religious woman) is around.

twocats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi O&P and alexnell, glad to hear I don't have the only fridge lover and blanket lover around. Only my Mony loves the fridge, she "hugs" it (standing up, one paw on the side the other on the front of the door) when I walk near it and stands up on the bottom of the inside when I open the door. Have to be careful not to shut the door on her. My Oreo is the blanket lover. He doesn't have one favorite - it's my entire bed.

My sister at one time had four cats. One of hers actually got shut in the fridge for a couple of hours (like 2). She was ok, she ate about 4pounds of a cooked roast while she was waiting.

i just wouldn't advocate that for my cat. Heaven help the litter box and kitty's tummy. My sister said the cat was okay with no problems. Go figure!

Good luck!

tricia2skeptica

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alexnell:

My cat with the Linus complex aside...I do have a cat, my newest, Sara 6-Toes who does indeed hump my sweaters, socks, other cats etc. My family are all staunch Protestants whose presence provokes my little cats lust. The best of course is when the object of her desire is some object of my protestant families clothing. My step-mama had a lovely fauxfur collared jacket that my dear little Sara could not resist, even when Step-Mama was wearing it.

Leaving now.......must......laugh...hysterically.......till passed out......or maybe.............seizure...........
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
T2S

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Napoleon is glad to know he is not alone. Maybe we could start a support group.

tricia2skeptica

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What do you call a support group for people who's cats, uh, do what our cats do ????

I know, I know, this sounds like the set up line for a really bad joke

T2S

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Suppose we better nix the support group idea.

I have another strange cat behavior I just witnessed. Felix, one of my foster kittens, was sleeping on the floor quietly when all of a sudden he squeeked loudly and flew straight up in the air about a foot. He landed on his feet (of course). Then he laid back down and went back to sleep. I think he had a bad dream, because all of his siblings were asleep, too, and couldn't have bothered him.

crimson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, what a cute thread!!!

My cats aren't as weird as some of the ones you guys are talking about! My boy Pepper MUST rub his scent back on my face after I take a shower, and if I go in any room and shut the door, he will lay down in front of the door until I come out, but if I'm easily available to him, he will leave me alone. His new quirk is to stay and guard his new kittens if their mommy wants to leave for a bit. He'll sit in the bathroom and stand guard.

My girl Honey talks more than any cat I've ever seen. If I talk in a voice matching her pitch, she will talk right back to me. I wish I knew exactly what she was saying! She will also steal bottle caps (Like off a bottle of soda) and walk around the house with them in her mouth. When I moved out of my apartment I found tons of them that she had batted under the stove. She also is the first to find when a roach wanders into the house and torments them until they die. After she is done, I find little roach legs all over the house. Very gross.

I just wish they would play a little more. I bought a fishing rod toy for them and they just look at it and sniff a little. Honey will follow it if I drag it through the house, but never attack. Maybe once her kittens start to stand on their own, she will teach them how to play and the toy will come in handy.

After hearing so many of you whose cats love those little toy mice, I think I'm going to buy some for Honey, who loves to carry things around in her little mouth.

Thanks for sharing those stories! How cute!

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Muffy's a pretty calm cat, but she MUST rub herself all over my husband's feet when he gets home from the gym. And he goes to one of those hold-in-the-wall, no air conditioning, hard core gyms, so he's REALLY smelly when he gets home. Muffy just loves those smelly feet!

Dawn

robin alves

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten attacks and drags around the house, a black and white stufffed cat I have. I have many, many stuffed teddy bears around the house but he will only go after the cat. It is like he knows that is a a cat. Go figure.

michelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have all sorts of toys that Sasha and the kittens like to play with. We have jingle balls, fake mice, stuffed animals, you name it. But what cracks me up, is that Turtle's favorite play-thing is Mommy's tail. while Sasha's eating, it's play time for baby. Sasha will ignore her for awhile, and tolerates it pretty well. and Turtle is completely entertained for as long as Sasha lets her be by this game. and Sasha almost seems to think she shouldn't be playing. she will have a blast with a jingle ball, and as soon as she sees one of us, she wheels around, and skid-runs away. it's hilarious.

judi k

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitty's weirdest thing (to me, anyway) is her fascination with lotion. Even if she is asleep on my bed, within minutes of my putting lotion on, she comes running and just has to try to lick it all off. She doesn't do it to anyone else, only me...

She always wants to be on my lap when I'm home. She will sit on the coffee table and just look at me, like she's telling me to hurry up and put my feet up so she can jump over and lay on my lap. If I don't move fast enough for her, she'll jump over and lay down, then give me a dirty look when I put the foot rest up like I'm disturbing her or something.

She will follow anyone back to the bathroom (well, she starts off following them anyway), and ends up underfoot and stops with her body across the hallway so it's difficult to get around her (narrow hallway) and look at you like, what...

Ok, I guess she's not as normal as I thought she was...