Strange behavior has me concerned

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@VBCatParent   I did figure it out. It was light reflecting off a pile of presents.  I moved the presents from my father (he loves wrapping presents in reflective paper), and Sinbad went after a different spot. Deciding to test it, I moved them again and his spot changed. I finally found a spot to put them that doesn't reflect light ... and this is his new perch: 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh what a darling little security guard! He is keeping you protected from the vicious glinty paper. 

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh well done! Hadn't thought of that aspect of it, very cute and gave me a much needed laugh!
Thank You

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually I did start one. It's called Visitations. You might like to take a look at what we have so far.[emoji]128522[/emoji]
And please have a very Merry Christmas,
Much love and blessings on you, your babies, and your family
[emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128536[/emoji]

Last edited by a moderator:

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You guys will not believe what happened.

We live in a house we rent from a private owner. The owner has suddenly decided to return home and move back in here. Yesterday, they sent some paperwork telling us we have to move out in 60 days. 

None of us have been sleeping well, and even us humans were getting weird feelings as if someone was trying to break in. Last week, for two/three nights in a row, a bright white light was shining down from up in the sky and putting very noticeable light marks on the floor in our bedroom. We never figured out where it came from. They dropped the news on us yesterday morning out of nowhere.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, VB, that is terrible. I urge you to get an attorney, just to make sure this is on the up n up. (((((Hugs))))))

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What horrible people. Will you be able to find a place quickly that accepts animals.
My thoughts are with you.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
What horrible people. ....
Let's not cast aspersions on people we don't know.  As long as they've followed the landlord-tennant laws of their state, the landlord is completely within their rights to repossess their property.  This happened to a friend/neighbor who was renting; 2 months after her husband died, they notified her that they were putting the house on the market.  It sold within 2 more months, and she had 2 months to move out.  This is normal, and should be expected by anyone who is renting.

I do hope VBcat will find a new pet-friendly residence quickly.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's not cast aspersions on people we don't know.  As long as they've followed the landlord
tennant laws of their state, the landlord is completely within their rights to repossess their property.  This happened to a friend/neighbor who was renting; 2 months after her husband died, they
notified her that they were putting the house on the market.  It sold within 2 more months, and she had 2 months to move out.  This is normal, and should be expected by anyone who is renting

I do hope VBcat will find a new pet-friendly residence quickly.
I wasn't quite casting aspertions. I was saying what I thought. They must have known long before they gave notice.
Thank goodness I don't live in a rental.
Life for renters in America seems so hard.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't quite casting aspertions. I was saying what I thought. They must have known long before they gave notice.
Thank goodness I don't live in a rental.
Life for renters in America seems so hard.
In my state only 30 days notice is required, and due to fracking the price of housing has doubled in 5 years. Many people are now homeless. Things need to change.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
They must have known long before they gave notice.

That is a faulty assumption.  You don't know that.

Renting is always going to be a little precarious, especially for pet owners.  Having been there, I do sympathize. 

But that doesn't automatically make the landlords the bad guys.

Sorry for the threadjack.  We are a long way off from the original topic.

Last edited:

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In retrospect, this has been coming for a while. The owner started getting some of her mail sent here about a month ago. She'd asked us to be on the lookout for anything that seemed important for her so we didn't throw it away. She's getting married and moving back home to settle down. 

I'm not angry at her. It's her house. Just disappointed in the situation.

We found a nice apartment that accepts pets. We started the paperwork yesterday, and once they do the credit/bank stuff Monday, we should be ready to sign the lease. It really isn't worth it to rent houses. We're going back to apartment living to save up to buy a house.

We're curious to see how Regent handles the move with his anxiety. I'll keep you all updated!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm jolly pleased you found a place so quickly. I hope you all will be very happy there especially regent

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I may have just been lucky, but we're rarely had a problem with our cats adjusting to new surroundings. We always try to keep things they are familiar with ( toys, litter boxes, eating areas, cat beds, comfy snuggle chairs and so on, in as close as we can get to the same positions/ locations we had in our previous homes.
If I can think of anything else that might be helpful I'll pass it on. And I do hope this may help you.
Best of luck to you all!

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a crazy day with us going to see the apartment, then MIL got sick and we had to take her to a doctor. Regent was home alone for several hours more than usual. It capped off a week of us not being able to pay much attention to him. He was not pleased!

This morning when I left the shower Regent thought I was leaving home again, and he did everything he could think of to keep me upstairs. He sat on my jacket, he attacked my shoes, he tried to block me from walking downstairs, etc. After dinner tonight he snuggled on the couch to keep me from leaving.

Last edited:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sinbad does that sometimes. He'll park in front of the garage door trying to block exit. When he's particularly clingy he even steals my shoes and sits on them. 

Maybe try giving Regent some laundry to snuggle when you leave and/or are too busy to play? I manage with Sinbad by leaving my scarves and shawls within his reach. Not only do I wear them, but I made them so they likely completely stink of me. Every time I come home he's curled up in a nest of them by the garage door. He's clearly sad that I was gone, but he's much less stressed by it since I started making sure to let him snuggle my things. 

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I mentioned to DH about choosing a sweatshirt or something we could designate as being his reminder.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's happened to us too, without much notice! Our only resort at the time was to move into and live in our unfinished garage in our RV! It's not exactly thoughtful of the people who pull these stunts.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Regent sounds like a very sensitive kitty. Poor baby didn't want mama to leave! Have you considered another kitty to be his friend? Perhaps he just lonely when you're away. Some places let you try it out....