straining while "going"

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I'm glad he's doing a bit better.
Epona's suggestion is good, and I'll add this...if the pills are small, then I would suggest trying "pill pockets". They're a squishy treat that is designed for hiding pills inside. All of my cats fall for this...some people haven't had such good luck but it works on mine. There is nothing more satisfying than standing back watching these furry beasts willingly EAT their pills. LOL It's great. If the pills are big, I break them up and give multiple "treats".
That's how we got Drontil into ours. We broke the pills into quarters so they had quite a few treats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gracy50

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually, the medicine is in liquid form so I have to use a syringe type thing to give it to him. Let's just say I am lucky he doesn't know how to use his claws, because if he wanted to, I could be in BAD shape from wrestling with him!

Anyway, I never thought to ask if it came in a pill form. I could definitely trick him into eating it with some of the suggestions you folks provided. I'll have to ask the vet about that. My life would be SO much easier!

Thanks!