Straight Outta Your Town!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, considering that I'm in the Hollywood California area, I'd say I have a lot of famous people living close to me

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmm, no one...actually, Bruce Willis is from the next town over, Pennsgrove. He built his parents a house and they still live there. That's about it for South Jersey. Now North Jersey was the home of Jon...Bon Jovi of course!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovemycodygirl

Hmm, no one...actually, Bruce Willis is from the next town over, Pennsgrove. He built his parents a house and they still live there. That's about it for South Jersey. Now North Jersey was the home of Jon...Bon Jovi of course!
And Bon Jovie is the #2 celeb love of my life (after Matthew McConaughey
) Any Jon Bon sightings?

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Darn, I wish!!! The closest I've gotten to him is at the Philadelphia Soul pep ralley and concert! I work in Philadelphia where Jon is the owner of the Phildelphia Soul, an indoor football league and their office is about 10 or so blocks away. I'm praying that one day while I'm walking downtown, I will mysteriously just happen to bump into him...you know and not have to actually stalk his office building!

Oh, I'm half way there, oooh livin' on a prayer.

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Trisha Yearwood is from here. Sometimes she brings Garth Brooks with her when she comes home for visits. In high school, before she made it big, she had a group called "Trish Trash". She's really come a long way! And her next CD (coming out soon) is going to be dedicated to this town. I think she's thinking of calling it "Jasper County" or "Jasper", but she came back home to do the photo shoot for it.

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Terry Clark (country singer) is from here, as well as last year's Canadian Idol Kalan Porter

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a fun thread!

From back on the Wirral;

Gerry Marsden (Gerry and tha Pacemakers) lived in the same village as me,
John Barnes' (footballer) children were in my school,
Patricia Routledge (sp?) from Kepping Up Appearances went to my school (not at the same time as me, obviously!
)
Paul O'Grady (aka Lilly Savage) went to the Catholic school next to mine! (again, before my time!
)
My Dad went to the same college as John Lennon and Paul McCartney (different years, but there at the same time!)
Freddie Starr used to live in Birkenhead.
Wilfred Owen was from Birkenhead, Elvis Costello apparently was too!

(found a cool website!
)

That's all I can think of for there!

Manchester probably has loads!
Oasis (Noel and Liam Galagher)
hmmm, my mind's gone blank now, i'll think of some more later!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's cool... I'm such an anglophile.

Esp. Gerry Marsden being from your village and your dad going to college with John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

And Manchester has LOADS of talent... Besides Oasis, The Stone Roses (my fave band of all time) are from there.
Originally Posted by Sar

This is a fun thread!

From back on the Wirral;

Gerry Marsden (Gerry and tha Pacemakers) lived in the same village as me,
John Barnes' (footballer) children were in my school,
Patricia Routledge (sp?) from Kepping Up Appearances went to my school (not at the same time as me, obviously!
)
Paul O'Grady (aka Lilly Savage) went to the Catholic school next to mine! (again, before my time!
)
My Dad went to the same college as John Lennon and Paul McCartney (different years, but there at the same time!)
Freddie Starr used to live in Birkenhead.
Wilfred Owen was from Birkenhead, Elvis Costello apparently was too!

(found a cool website!
)

That's all I can think of for there!

Manchester probably has loads!
Oasis (Noel and Liam Galagher)
hmmm, my mind's gone blank now, i'll think of some more later!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

That's cool... I'm such an anglophile.

Esp. Gerry Marsden being from your village and your dad going to college with John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

And Manchester has LOADS of talent... Besides Oasis, The Stone Roses (my fave band of all time) are from there.
It's great, hey! I was just struggling for Mcr after thinking of all I could think of from the Mersey ends!
Yeah, Stone Roses! How could I forget them!

There's also Happy Mondays/Black Grape! For some reason, i'm thinking too much about back home!

Although, Gerry Marsden's a bit on the mean side! I was at the opening tennis match of our village court and he was swearing at the 7 year old ball boys for being slow....it was all a bit of a show really