Stomach Issues, Stopped Eating

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carbo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wanted to post a quick update.  He's not doing well, at all.  Very lethargic, barely nibbling at any food, but he is drinking water.  Losing weight rapidly and he is very thin and weak.  This morning he tried to jump on the bed and was unable to and fell back onto the floor.  Seeing that was like a kick in the stomach.  Sadly, I think his time here might be ending.  A great cat we rescued only 10 months ago.  I'm taking him to a vet later today, fully expecting this to be his last trip.  I requested a copy of his bloodwork from the other vet who looked at him a few days ago, and I'll be bringing a copy of it with me.      

amberrae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I hope your kitty is doing well. This sounds slightly similar to something that happened to my cat. She had stopped eating and was throwing up a lot, but it was just bile and foam-y stuff. Eventually she would just lie on her side and she would kind of curl up shaking every now and then as if she was in extreme pain. Her bum would also leak something. When I took her into the vet they felt her stomach and she had megacolon, which is where the colon is stretched out and the cat can't poop. She had to receive a couple enemas and was given fluid injections and when she was sent home I had a little dance when she had her first poo! She is now on soft food only to prevent this from happening again. I hope the vets find out what is happening with your cat and help you out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carbo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the thoughts, folks.

Amberrae, right now he is sleeping comfortably on a bed.  I had to help him up there, but he seems at ease.  I'm visiting another vet tomorrow to hopefully shed some light on this.  I'm travelling between despair at times to hopefulness, depending on how I see him doing.  For the past few hours he has been a bit more like himself.  Curling up and purring loudly with my daughter and then me.  He's nibbling on his food, drinking water, and has not thrown up in two days.  He's peeing and has had several normal bowel movements.  But he is rail thin, skeleton like almost.  Color me confused.