Still under the bed after over a week

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ozziegt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the stories. They are very encouraging, and we will not be giving him back. Unfortunately we have some family in town for the next few days and we have had to kick him out of his "safe room".
He's found a couple other hiding spots, but he's
. I don't know if this is going to have a positive or negative effect on his adjustment.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ozziegt

Thanks for all the stories. They are very encouraging, and we will not be giving him back. Unfortunately we have some family in town for the next few days and we have had to kick him out of his "safe room".
He's found a couple other hiding spots, but he's
. I don't know if this is going to have a positive or negative effect on his adjustment.
Is there any way he could be kept in your bedroom perhaps with the door closed? He may feel safer that way.

cntrygrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
last night, we "introduced" our lindy to the litterbox in the basement after letting her be upstairs with her own box in our bathroom for the last two weeks (my entire bathroom was loaded with kitty litter). she was not happy and i was afraid that all the work i had done with her over the past two weeks was undone. she is hiding yet again but will come out for a minute or two just to check things out.

point being....patience is what matters here. i'll be patient if you can be too. kitties....gotta love 'em!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ozziegt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Is there any way he could be kept in your bedroom perhaps with the door closed? He may feel safer that way.
We are constantly going in and out of our bedroom. Also we are trying to make a policy that our bedroom is off limits (we don't want them sleeping in our room). For now we are leaving the bedroom open because he seems to find it pretty safe under our bed. But if my wife and her sister go in there talking and laughing he will get fed up after a little while and run out and go to another hiding spot.