Still Missing Mickey Two Years Later

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise

They are all special to us, but some leave a bigger hole in our lives than others. I'm sorry you lost your Mickey and I'm sorry you still miss him so very much. I miss all of mine who have passed, but there is 2 in particular who stole my heart in a whole other way and the pain of losing them seems...........a little bigger.
This is so very true.....we lost Simon our tuxedo cat May 2014 and Sebastian our Chantilly Nov. 2015, and the personalities of those two were just incredible; we love all our cats but those two were just such characters and were with us a long time, and they made such an impact on me that 6 months ago I found a cat in bad shape, Sylvester who look-wise is a 50-50 blend of the two of them, you couldn't sit down and design a cat any better than one who reminds us of both these great boys but he is his own personality and is just my joy, I pick him up and kiss him on the top of his head and whisper "I love you....I helped you and you helped me" so yes you are correct, some make a bigger impact on us than others. He is not a replacement, just a gentle reminder and a great tribute to those two special boys!

But they were as Mickey was "one of a kind", and the bond was and always will be so very strong between you and he. It is like in a small way he is still with you. I certainly can understand how you feel and why you still are so very upset, it is because the bond and the love was so strong between you....I wish you peace, and remember he is fine now, no problems, they ALL are fine, doing better than we are in fact lol!!! And you WILL see him again and he will tell you "I love you, THANK YOU for taking care of me!!!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
@Tobilei You are so right!
We love all our kitties that have passed and miss them as well, but there is always that "one or two" that simply stand out. Mickey was just so special to me and is so very much missed. More lately, don't know why?? He did help me cope through one of my biggest losses (the passing of my Mom). Mickey still needed me and he was always there to help me feel better. I just guess that I can never forget that.
Thanks so much for your kind words!
So sorry for your losses as well!

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
@little cutie66 Thank You so much for your kind words! Sorry that you are still hurting over your little kitty. Crying comes on suddenly, doesn't it?? I can go days and be fine, and than the tears start again. Only hope it gets better someday.
Yes, the people on this site are wonderful. They feel like true friends!
Hugs to you as well!!

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
les26 les26 You are so kind! Both your Simon and Sebastian sound like very special kitties as well. I hope they have met my Mickey and are all happy, playing together. Yes, you are most likely right, that all our kitties are fine. We are the ones that are a mess! Yes, Mickey will always be with me, just as your Simon and Sebastian will always be with you. They will all remain safe, tucked away in our hearts (where they truly belong).