Still go out?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a question for those that have been or still are in long term relationships.

I know that after 6 mo to a year, things start to cool off in a relationship that's going good.

I'm curious though: Do you two still go out on dates? I.e. go to comedy shows, concerts, exhibits, etc?
I realised the other day our "dates" consist of us going to a sports bar and watching a game or playing pool. I've tried in the past to get B to go somewhere, but sometimes I think that we're just too opposite...or maybe its just me?

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes we still go out on "dates", my husband and I have been together for over 4 years and we still go out together (just us 2) on friday nights. We usually go to a movie and dinner, or we might bowl or go to the park.

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been married for 21 years and we still go out on dates.
More now than ever since we don't have kids at home anymore.

When our kids were little, we never had enough money to go out and pay a babysitter, so we didn't as much then.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My ex and I would go out to dinner fairly often (okay, maybe it was because I didn't want to cook
) and i dragged him to a couple plays and we also did the movie thing every now and then- disn't really think of them as dates at the time, but I guess it applies

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We usually go out to eat a lot together and sometimes to hockey games. There really isn't much else to do where we live.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup

We go to movies, dinner, shopping, ect. together. Sometimes we even have dates at home - he'll make supper and I'll pick up a movie on the way home from work - sometimes he even has flowers at home for me if I've had a bad day

In the summer we go on fishing dates
We both love to fish and be outside, so we'll get some beer and head over to the Mississippi River and do some fishin' together!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't go on many dates, but it has been that way from the beginning. During our 4 years together so far, we spend a lot of time together listening to music, cooking out, playing with the kitties, etc.

We enjoy an occasional dinner or lunch out, but I really enjoy cooking, so we don't do that much.

We live above a bar though, so going out for a drink is pretty normal, but we don't really consider it "going out."

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup

Just last week we went to a performance at the Museum of Contemporary Art. We also go on bike rides down the lake, go out to eat (everything from diner food to Ethiopian), go to movies (we just saw 'Thank You for Smoking' and it was HILARIOUS!), go to concerts, etc, etc.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep most of our dates are done at home because of money stuff. but we did make a date last sunday and had a blast. Steve had a gig but we went early and had dinner and walked around downtown for a while

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes-we still go out when we have the $$$ and a babysitter.
We go to eat, maybe have a few drinks, or eat and see a movie. I think its good for couples to do this~oh and we have been together for going on 7 yrs.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee takes me out to eat and stuff still. And even though we share money now he still pays out of his account (still with seperate accounts).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you guys are influencing me like Cosmo does to most women!

I think I'm going to go home and have a talk with him

I think I'm just ansty as he just started his new job this week so I'm a little impatient at going out! I am getting a little nutty just sitting at home...my parents are BIG TV watchers (record 2 or more shows at once) and will rush home whenever they're out to watch a show. I've vowed never to be that way and with B's on and off situation with jobs, I'm going nuts with TV!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Well we haven't been together for 6 years yet, just 2 and a bit. We are totally skint but we do make time for each other. When we first got together we went out to clubs together all the time it was great fun. We never seem to go alone anymore, just with our friends. I miss that.
We go to the cinema a lot, or hire a DVD. We usually spend every Saturday night together and go to the gym together.
We have 'dates' in bed, we'll pick a DVD to watch and go to bed and watch it together. This is mainly because his brother is usually here during the week and it's so hard to get time on your own.
We went out for dinner a few weeks ago too, it was lovely.
I do love the feeling of a new relationship though, it's so exciting.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you Lauren. I kinda miss the newness of the relationship where EVERYTHING was new and exciting. we still do new and exciting things sometimes though.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
6 years and we still go out

Cost is a concern though, so we can't really do so more than once or twice a month.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never went anywhere with my ex, we did at first, for the first year, but after that we didnt do anything together

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been together over 5 years, and I guess we don't always think of them as "dates" but we still go out quite often. We'll go eat usually at least once a week, and go to movies when we can. (The movie theater here in town where we go to school is awful, so thats usually when we go back to our hometown). We have the "home dates" all the time! He buys me DVDs all the time, and we'll make a night out of it. Either he'll cook dinner (he loves cooking!) or we'll order in and just hang out together.

I do miss the newness, but something that tells me he is the one is that after 5 years, when I'm sitting inside my apartment and hear the "beep" of his car alarm being set, my heart still beats a little faster b/c I know hes here.

amandaofcols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After 5 1/2 years Billy and I still go out on dates. matter of fact I took him out last night to see Disney On Ice's Finding Nemo (which was FANTASTIC)! We don't really go out drinkin' a lot because neither of us are really into that anymore. We mostly just spend time at home doing stuff together, like working on the cars, doing yard work, or just being goofy!

It's gravy!!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On May 5th, my boyfriend and I will have been together three years, and when we're together, we go on quite a few dates.. out to eat, or whatever else we feel like doing.. it's fun..

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My guy and I have been together 2 1/2 year and yes, we do go on "dates." Sometimes it just consists of me (he doesn't cook much!) making a nice dinner and getting a bottle of sparkling cider (don't drink much either
) and sitting at home trying to keep Toulouse out of our plates. Other times we get dressed up and go out. It's more fun since we're dancing now because the dress-up part happens more often and it's different than the usual "dinner and a movie" date.