Steroid injection for fetal lung development

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it were me, I would research. Then I would do whatever was in my power to try and help my baby and make sure i do whatever i think is in the baby's best interest. If it were me, (since i will most definitely be high risk when if i'm able to have kids) i would get the shots. If there was even the most remote chance it could help save my child from some of the complications of being born early such as inadequate lung development- it's worth it in my book..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

If it were me, I would research. Then I would do whatever was in my power to try and help my baby and make sure i do whatever i think is in the baby's best interest. If it were me, (since i will most definitely be high risk when if i'm able to have kids) i would get the shots. If there was even the most remote chance it could help save my child from some of the complications of being born early such as inadequate lung development- it's worth it in my book..
Yup, well I did go ahead and do it. My concern was what might it do for the baby if he was full term? Would there be any complications with him having fully developed lungs, but still sitting in my belly for another 11 weeks. I don't want to be injected with something like steroids until I'm fully informed! My doctor would say anything to get what she wants. She actually fibbed to me yesterday to try to get my to stay and have the injection straight away.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hopefully today goes better and you can make it to the picnic.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give all kinds of medications to patients and 1 hour either way is no big deal As a matter of fact the hosptial I work at has a 2 hour either way policy for most medications except narcotics and antibiotics.