Step One: Dallas-Area TCS Meetup!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like so much fun!!!
I need to mapquest and see how far Dallas is from me!!

Oh my gosh, it says only 6 hrs!!!!
I would love to make the trip!! I am going to do some serious checking!!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!! I just saw this post and I saw your signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah!!! I'm so
excited for you and your hubby!!!!!! Too awesome!!! I know you all are excited!!!
Good Luck!!!
Monique

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Aw, thanks, Rigel -- sure wish you could hop a plane and join us!
I wish!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
More plenty vibes for this lovely and great event!!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I will check with her but as I said, this is the Persian way of doing things. I will get with y'all on this.
She will do it all. BTW, you can up the head count by one because she found a woman at work with four cats that would like to join us. I told her she had to join The Cat Site first and so she will, and I will get the credit.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I have just discovered that Dottie will be attending a wedding in Kansas that weekend, probably.

At least you guys are supplying me with a reason not to go!
So glad ,Mr. Blanche....just kidding, Mike

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

That sounds like so much fun!!!
I need to mapquest and see how far Dallas is from me!!

Oh my gosh, it says only 6 hrs!!!!
I would love to make the trip!! I am going to do some serious checking!!
That will be great others not from Texas as well.

Originally Posted by carwashcats

Congratulations!!! I just saw this post and I saw your signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah!!! I'm so
excited for you and your hubby!!!!!! Too awesome!!! I know you all are excited!!!
Good Luck!!!
Monique
You are not going to be able to come? I guess it is a bit of a drive, huh?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for me to start playing host. I saw a couple mentions of bringing laptops. Let me say our new home has wi-fi for just such things but even better, we have a large screen plasma TV with video inputs, so anything you have with a video output such as digital cameras or movies can be shown so as to put your precious kitties in their best light!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's great, Lee -- I'd been thinking how nice it would be if we could run it out to a big screen instead of huddling around a laptop. You and Sheri are so great to do this for us!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your TCS Name: carwashcats

Your Real First Name: Monique
Will You Be Bringing Your Significant Other (so I can determine the size of meeting space we need) No significant other

Your Location, With Zip Code (if you'd rather not give a street address, please use a nearby intersection -- this is so I can make a rough map and find a meeting site that will be central to us all):Hwy 59 S and Hwy 43 intersect Atlanta, Tx -75551

Dates You CANNOT Make a Meeting (between May 10 and July 27).This doesn't matter anymore

Kinds of Restaurants You Just Can't Stand (Thai, Sushi, McDonald's, etc.):
no fast food if I'm going to the city!!

Things You'd Like To Do At The Meeting (play volleyball, sing show tunes, etc.): Talk and get acquainted.

Comments, Suggestions, & Angry Retorts:[/quote] I was so hoping for the June 21 -22 meeting since my birthday is the 22nd! Oh well I knew that was too good to be true! Darn!!! I just hope catloverin_ks gets to come!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

This means you get to come?
Not totally (yet). This means that I have to have a talk with DH about disappearing for a weekend and leaving him with kitty and doggy duty for a few days. Will do so over the weekend and tell him it's my birthday present to myself (it's coming up next weekend).

But I seriously repeat - what time is the meet up? If I get a ticket, I need to make sure I'm there in time.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

But I seriously repeat - what time is the meet up? If I get a ticket, I need to make sure I'm there in time.
This question should be directed towards Carol. She is the organizer. We men cannot do such things! Even the food and accomodations are provided by DW. Yes, I said accomodations. We have a brand new guest room with private attached bath that Sheri is offering should anybody be coming from far away and not wish to return that day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, Lee, it's your house -- what's a good start time for you and Sheri? With people coming from out of town, do you think we should shoot for late morning? Anything you say is fine with me!

And Amy, you can set your arrival as early as you like -- I'll be there to get you, no problem!

I'm on my way out right now, but later today, I'll start a new "Step Two" thread with updated information and such.