Stella and Chewy's ingredient change!!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe next time, they can pay their marketing research team to ask customers what they think before they change ingredients.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe next time, they can pay their marketing research team to ask customers what they think before they change ingredients.
I know! I really have to wonder who thought it would be a good idea to put -- of all things -- peas into the food.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with you. You would think that they should realize people feed raw for a reason. They should have known we raw feeders check and double check ingredients.I used to supplement with S&C but quit when they switched ingredients.I use 99% HT but do like to change things up.I just watched the movie 'Pet Fooled' on Netflix and ran across some Northwest Natural frozen food at the store, I bought a bag and will see how my cats like it. Not a bad price, $13.99 for 2 lbs, no veggies.Just tried RadCat Pork and the cats do like it so I will buy a couple tubs a month.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! I really have to wonder who thought it would be a good idea to put -- of all things -- peas into the food.
Probably S&C accountants came up with the idea, peas are a cheap source of protein. Companies don't have to indicate what percentage of meat protein is included in their GA list, just "protein".

It doesn't surprise me that SC is looking to cut costs and increase their profit margin, otherwise they would not have lowered their standards by introducing kibble products for dogs.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably S&C accountants came up with the idea, peas are a cheap source of protein. Companies don't have to indicate what percentage of meat protein is included in their GA list, just "protein".

It doesn't surprise me that SC is looking to cut costs and increase their profit margin, otherwise they would not have lowered their standards by introducing kibble products for dogs.
Ha ha, you sound like my husband who always blames "the MBAs" for things like this! And you're right: the kibble product is another indication of their approach.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey wait a minute...IRA MBA...I know how we think. :crackup: S&C may be about ready to sell out to the big guys and had to look more financially attractive.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny: this is pretty much exactly what my husband said when I told him about the S&C situation and this thread! :lol:
Maybe S&C is getting ready for a sellout or merger in the future. Before TikiPets merged with Cloud Star, they came out with a kibble product for cats and yet they have the audacity to say their foods are "biologically appropriate". That's another company I lost respect for.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe S&C is getting ready for a sellout or merger in the future. Before TikiPets merged with Cloud Star, they came out with a kibble product for cats and yet they have the audacity to say their foods are "biologically appropriate". That's another company I lost respect for.
Yes, Tiki has been a big disappointment, too. Neither the cats nor I are happy with their recipe changes. And the kibble, I know, peas and chickpeas aren't exactly biologically appropriate.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I tried Northwest Naturals for the first time, the frozen, not freeze dried. All 3 cats really liked it/.I am pretty happy about that.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I tried Northwest Naturals for the first time, the frozen, not freeze dried. All 3 cats really liked it/.I am pretty happy about that.
Our cats like it, too, as an addition to their Feline Natural main freeze-dried food. They seem to like the Northwest Naturals turkey more than the chicken. It's very decent food -- I'm glad your cats like it, too!