starting rotation diet

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat does not like me to rotate food flavors he ll eat the same canned food everyday. Is that a problem? Does anyone else have a similar situation with there cat?
My cats do NOT like change and they do not like rotation ..  I just went through this . I tried getting them off Fancy Feast and I tried at least 20 different brands of food and they wanted nothing to do with it .They stopped eating wet food all together ..  I have since gone back to Fancy Feast , I just rotate flavors , and they are happy and eating wet food twice a day again .. I have no problem keeping them on the same food if that is what it takes .. 

Not all cats want to eat a lot of  different brands of cat food .. If you cat is happy eating the same brand that is fine . .. As long as he keeps eating regularly that is what matters ..

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All great info. ️Psycho is allergic to chicken so I m limited as to what I can feed him. I ll try some lamb and venison, I do give him fish too which he likes. and I d like to try rabbit as well. Thank you.

ankitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feed mostly Nature's Variety Instinct (chicken, turkey, rabbit, duck), Nature's Logic (chicken, duck & salmon), Primal raw nuggets and freeze dry (turkey), Stella & Chewy freeze dry and other various raw meat (Primal, Halshan, Smallbatch, etc.) with supplements added at home. I try to give them varieties throughout a day (I feed 3 to 4 times a day). 

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So rotation means different brands not just different flavors. So if he likes duck is rotating duck in differnt brands considered rotation or does rotating the flavors in the same brand rotation? More help please!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to chewy.com and read ingredients, Pride by instinct for example - rabbit has pork, duck has turkey, and lamb has beef. No chicken!

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great suggestions. I m so glad I joined this site such good info from people who love their furbabies[emoji]128571[/emoji]

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know which canned cat foods are manufactured at Evangers?