Starting labor?

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pondwader

I hope you don't have to give her up, you can also contact rescue groups, I'm sure there must be a lot of them in NY, who would probably be happy to help you get your cat spayed rather than have to give her up.

Does someone have any rescue contacts handy?
The problem at hand though is this cat may need a c-section which the OP cannot afford. They are talking about giving the cat up rather then letting her die.

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes of course, I understand that, and agree completely.... my thought was perhaps a rescue would be willing to help with vet costs, or a discounted vet that they use etc....
If none of that is possible and the cat needs medical attention, it is certainly best for her to give up the cat.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pondwader

Yes of course, I understand that, and agree completely.... my thought was perhaps a rescue would be willing to help with vet costs, or a discounted vet that they use etc....
If none of that is possible and the cat needs medical attention, it is certainly best for her to give up the cat.
OIC....
Personally I think the cat has gone on too long already with the discharge. From looking at how long the discharge should be it seems the norm is about 24 hours before delivery. Any longer then that seems like trouble.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

olskoolnodoubtr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No not yet. I'm going to call around though. There's a PEF (Pet emergecny fund) but I have no clue how it works really.

banshee's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
when my cat went in to labour she was still eating her food, and she didn't produce milk until she gave birth which was on the 1st of december just gone so some signs don't appear straight away,

olskoolnodoubtr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She did have them finally. They're alive, and healthy as far as I can tell. I'm taking her in for a check up soon though. =DD

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by olskoolnodoubtr

She did have them finally. They're alive, and healthy as far as I can tell. I'm taking her in for a check up soon though. =DD

YES!!!!!! How many? Is she taking care of them properly, with motherly instinct? Aren't they cuuuuuute?!
Are they mewing? And finding their way to her nipples alright so far?

I'm soo relieved to hear that she finally had them. I am glad they're alright. Yes!

olskoolnodoubtr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She had 2. They're so cute and tiny. One looks exactly like daddy lol. The other one has mom's facial expressions already! She's taking care of them great. they sound so cute when they meow.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know, I was very concerned too. Y'know....if you stay on TCS, soon we're all gonna want to see pictures of the kitties!!

Are you keeping the kittens?

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear she has finally had them. If you palpate her belly are you reasonably sure there are no more? Her discharge for so long still concerns me. Is she eating and drinking ok? I would still take her in to the vet as soon as you possibly can, and immediately if you think there might be another in there.

olskoolnodoubtr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't feel anymore in her. She's been eating and drinking fine. I'll post pictures as soon as I get my camera working and figure out how to post them on here.