Starting Cold Turkey

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:spit: :crackup: OK - I'm here at the PLA meeting, but I don't have a problem as far as interest in my cat's poop, really. I mean - I don't have any pictures of their poop, so that's proof, right?

But yes, I would describe their poop as multi-colored (because of the combination of red and white meats at most meals or days) hair encrusted poop shell.

And Lauren - did Larry eat the cookie, or did you????????????????????????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK - I'm here at the PLA meeting, but I don't have a problem as far as interest in my cat's poop, really. I mean - I don't have any pictures of their poop, so that's proof, right?
But yes, I would describe their poop as multi-colored (because of the combination of red and white meats at most meals or days) hair encrusted poop shell.

Where is this hair coming from, if you don't mind me asking?  I don't see hair in the food.  Please post pictures!!!  I never took pictures until yesterday after seeing Ms. Carolina's.  That made me feel like I wasn't being a good mum, so I got on the bandwagon too!  The poops are smaller today, haven't taken any pics though, I thought I would give them their space.

Poop Haiku.......

over the litterbox

nature takes it's course

a purrfect palindrome

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is this hair coming from, if you don't mind me asking?  I don't see hair in the food.  Please post pictures!!!  I never took pictures until yesterday after seeing Ms. Carolina's.  That made me feel like I wasn't being a good mum, so I got on the bandwagon too!  The poops are smaller today, haven't taken any pics though, I thought I would give them their space.

Poop Haiku.......

over the litterbox
nature takes it's course
a purrfect palindrome
The hair is from the cats hair that they ingest when washing. The normal thing for a healthy cat is to pass the hair through.

Since I feed a combo raw/canned I am not getting those empty shell hair poops, I still see fairly solid poops, but I AM seeing fur in them now, since stating the egg yolk lecithin.

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The hair is from the cats hair that they ingest when washing. The normal thing for a healthy cat is to pass the hair through.
Since I feed a combo raw/canned I am not getting those empty shell hair poops, I still see fairly solid poops, but I AM seeing fur in them now, since stating the egg yolk lecithin.
Hey otto
So are you actually disecting the turds, how do you see the hair?  I am seeing no hair, but then again I ain't disecting either!

Would you mind posting an example?

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey otto :wavey: :spit: So are you actually disecting the turds, how do you see the hair?  I am seeing no hair, but then again I ain't disecting either!
If I see something that looks like hair, yes, I might poke at it a bit just to make sure that's what it is. I'm a poop watcher from way back. My little Ootay Princess :rbheart: :angel: had a megacolon, so I was always on poop alert. And then my Tolly :rbheart: :angel: got these sicknesses from fur build up in his system, so I would have to watch his (diarrhea), waiting for the hair to start coming out so I would know he was on the way to recovery. And then Queen Eva came along, and as a kitten she had a bad habit of eating stuff she shouldn't, so I always seemed to be watching her poop to make sure the foam rubber, or whatever, had passed through. So, it's just habit now.

Yep I admit it, I am a poop watcher/dissector! Didn't someone say something about a
support group?:lol3::lol3:

PS I keep a box of disposable gloves down by the litter box for that purpose. :D

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAHA!! LOLing at "the perfect palindrome" 

One of my cats ingests my hair (and l have long hair) then tries

to disengage himself from the dangling particles. l need to join the PLA!

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

If I see something that looks like hair, yes, I might poke at it a bit just to make sure that's what it is. I'm a poop watcher from way back. My little Ootay Princess
had a megacolon, so I was always on poop alert. And then my Tolly
got these sicknesses from fur build up in his system, so I would have to watch his (diarrhea), waiting for the hair to start coming out so I would know he was on the way to recovery. And then Queen Eva came along, and as a kitten she had a bad habit of eating stuff she shouldn't, so I always seemed to be watching her poop to make sure the foam rubber, or whatever, had passed through. So, it's just habit now.
Yep I admit it, I am a poop watcher/dissector! Didn't someone say something about a
support group?

PS I keep a box of disposable gloves down by the litter box for that purpose.
Awww, I'm sorry about Tolly and Ootay

(I love those names).  Are you serious there is actually a support group?  I just started taking photos yesterday, don't ya think I should at least enter rehab first?

Oh yes, I used to keep the disposable gloves, but I'm ashamed to admit I'm not as good as parents as some of you, as I'm finding out
  I never disected poop though, so maybe I'm still somewhat normal?

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HAHA!! LOLing at "the perfect palindrome" 

One of my cats ingests my hair (and l have long hair) then tries

to disengage himself from the dangling particles. l need to join the PLA!
Hey, you are welcome to join this one
, there might be an official one somewhere else, but I am just learning of this disorder.

What got me thinking of the haiku was the palindrome.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I'm sorry about Tolly and Ootay :rbheart:  :angel:  (I love those names).  Are you serious there is actually a support group?  I just started taking photos yesterday, don't ya think I should at least enter rehab first?
Oh yes, I used to keep the disposable gloves, but I'm ashamed to admit I'm not as good as parents as some of you, as I'm finding out :lol:   I never disected poop though, so maybe I'm still somewhat normal?
Thank you. :rbheart:

The support group comment was a joke, based on other comments in this thread about a PLA. :lol3:

I only use the gloves if I am going to be dissecting. Otherwise I just scoop like normal, then shoot some hand sanitizer over my hands, before going back upstairs to wash my hands.

I forgot to tell you, I like the haiku too. :)

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you.

The support group comment was a joke, based on other comments in this thread about a PLA.

I only use the gloves if I am going to be dissecting. Otherwise I just scoop like normal, then shoot some hand sanitizer over my hands, before going back upstairs to wash my hands.
When I first saw that I thought there were actually meetings, seriously, lol 
  With cookies and everything.

BTW, Vodka works as a good hand sanitizer
  I keep a spray bottle of cheap vodka in the kitchen for disinfecting and wiping things down.

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first saw that I thought there were actually meetings, seriously, lol :doh3:   With cookies and everything.
^^^^^^ :lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:

Darn it, this morning there was a poop with fur in it waiting for me. I didn't think of the camera until the split second after I'd released it from the scoop into the dirty litter bag. There was no way I was going to dig in that bag to find it. I may be dedicated but, not THAT dedicated. Stay tuned, I'm sure there will be another eventually. :D

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!!!!! Queen Eva used to bring her toys to the litter box, too, but she hasn't done that in a while, thank goodness.

My only defense for my lapse of making the most of an oppourtunity is that I had just gotten out of bed (litter box duty is my first activity in the morning) and wasn't awake yet. Hey, at least I confessed.

Popsicle sticks sound like a good idea!

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL!!!!! Queen Eva used to bring her toys to the litter box, too, but she hasn't done that in a while, thank goodness.
My only defense for my lapse of making the most of an oppourtunity is that I had just gotten out of bed (litter box duty is my first activity in the morning) and wasn't awake yet. Hey, at least I confessed.
Popsicle sticks sound like a good idea!
Confession is good, the first step though, as in any recovery program, is to admit you have a problem

Whew, I'm  happy one of my kitties could have been playing a joke on me and put that in the litterbox, being I'm now so obsessed with what's coming out of them
  I thought maybe one of them passed a mouse and I was wondering if it was the raw food diet.