Starting again..

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev, I missed this thread because you started it over the weekend. I saw that you were online found your last post. So sorry that you have gone through this. I know the pain is still deep, but it will fade.

Many people will disagree, but I believe that starting a new relationship is the best way to get over your last one. I just don't believe in the rebound theory and its always worked for me. You don't have to fall in love (but theres no rule against it either). Companionship sounds like what you need right now.

What do women want?
Honest, dependable men with a good sense of humor. Listen more than you talk. Tell them your story, but don't dwell on it. Be available, but don't smother.

Know what you want too. Don't settle.

Prayers and hugs!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev, Honestly, I hope the next thing you do when you have your place arranged and have a job .. is to get a cat or a pet of some variety.

having someone (even a furry someone) to come home to rather than an empty place is important, it takes away some of the lonliness, and quite honestly, having the responsibility fo taking care of another live being can be liberating, and uplifting.

After that, I would just.. be yourself and be HAPPY IN YOUR OWN SKIN before worrying if there's going to be someone for you. go out and have fun with your friends, don't take too much drink, and reconnect with people that you didn't have time for with family life.

You really have to know who you ARE before you can know who you're looking for.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have gotten some great advice..

All i ever looked for in a man was honesty, sincerity..and that he would respect and take care of me. (and not meaning in a monitary way either)

Good luck. Take some time for you first!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

Kev, Honestly, I hope the next thing you do when you have your place arranged and have a job .. is to get a cat or a pet of some variety.

having someone (even a furry someone) to come home to rather than an empty place is important, it takes away some of the lonliness, and quite honestly, having the responsibility fo taking care of another live being can be liberating, and uplifting.You really have to know who you ARE before you can know who you're looking for.
It's amazing how much the love of a kitty can allieviate pain and take your mind off the bad stuff. You said right now you feel terrified of women. Maybe you could make friends with a few first and then start dating if it feels right.

Major good vibes headed your way!!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev, I didn't know that you didn't have a cat! I agree with everyone else about that. Having a furry someone to come home to makes such a big difference. Oliver was a great comfort to me when I was going through my divorce.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev,
Glad to see you are back.
Everyone gave such good advice all I can add it everyone is right.
I think you will find a lucky lady in the place you would least expect her!!
I agree on getting a furry companion in the meantime.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kev it's so great to see you back and sounding so much more positive.

Everyone here has given such great advice - take time for yourself, don't rush into anything. Take time to do things that you enjoy or discover new ways to spend your free time. The rest will follow when the time is right.

In the meantime, it will be nice to see you around TCS more. Good luck with the job hunting.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to see you back and positive. I have a friend who is going through the same thing, which all came rather suddenly for him. But there islight at the end of the tunnel - it's often rather a long tunnel though, sadly.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah Kev, but it is good to see you again ol matey boy!
You have my biggest bestest wishes coming your way. You've been so brave through everything and I'm so proud of you
I apologise now for having lost touch with my move and whatnot - it's been one thing after another over here. What do women want? Kev, you don't need to ask that question... usually they'll take you jsut the way you are - and if they don't, they're not worth your time! Think about it, you're smart, you're funny, you're stronger beyond belief, you're sensitive and caring, open and honest.... wow Kev, I could sit here all day and tell you all the good things that you are. You don't ahve anything to worry about with dating