Started Slim Fast diet today, and I'm hungry!

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dawn; In case you're wonderng how this ties into your thread; There is no time to be HUNGRY. . . . . We must all start guilding those obects we talked about being addicted to in another thread, and turn them into decorations for Deb25's house. She will be THRILLED!!!!
(wreaths and garlands and delrobia, oh my!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all are so sweet. I am generally happy with the way I look. I wish I was in better shape, but it's not the end of the world. I really enjoy eating, so dieting is something I've never tried before (also because I've never needed it). I could lose a bit of flab in certain areas, but I could also live with it.

I wanted to try the Slim Fast because I thought they might taste good (I was wrong) and because they're more balanced than a lot of the meals I was putting together. Unfortunately, I have no desire to put effort into eating well at lunch time. I do make nutritious meals at dinner time, and my children eat well. I'm just pretty lazy, I have to admit. Seems I spend my life in the kitchen as it is. I'm still going to drink the slim fast for breakfast and when there's nothing decent to eat in the house. Today I had leftovers, because in addition to being lazy, I'm cheap and hate to waste food.

In defense of my husband, he is a pretty great guy, and I love him a lot.
He just has a few hangups and weight/appearance is one of them. We've been married for 10 years, and he's always been that way. It's only started bothering me now that I know I could look better. But, you know, he has a hairy back
, which I think I'm going to start mentioning to him when he makes any comments I don't like! :laughing2

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As a final answer try this...the next time hubby/other mentions you need to lose some weight;look him straight in the eye and tell him...Yes,but I'm planning on losing ____ pounds reeeeeeal soon!!! Insert whatever HIS weight is.

Now you KNOW I'm kidding here...maybe.

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittyfoot - That was good, I'm laughing! :laughing2 :laughing: :laughing2 :laughing: :laughing2 :laughing: :laughing2 :laughing:

And it just might work!

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone seen the story on the "Plus Sized" model who killed herself last weekend? I Think it's pretty sad when people consider girls of her size to be Plus Sized. Here are her stats:
http://www.wilhelmina.com/models/ten...ha_duncan.html
And more info on her suicide: http://www.entertainmenttonight.com/celebrity/a4925.htm

This story really touched me, because I saw this beautiful face on my TV screen and learned that she took her life. They showed pictures of the "Plus Sized" model, and she looked slender to me!

Anyway, i don't think you need to lose any weight Dawn. You are really beautiful, and what kind of motivation is it to lose weight just because hubby wants you to? I agree with what Kittyfoot said about telling hubby the only weight you need to lose is him, he he
kidding.

But really, does your husband even know how stinging his remarks are to you?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by illusion

But really, does your husband even know how stinging his remarks are to you?
Illusion is right, Dawn. Dr. Phil (my hero) has done a segment on this. He, of course, says you should tell hubby how it makes you feel when he suggests that you lose weight.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just have to comment on the 'plus size' model

she had a 28" waist for crying out loud!!!!!

and who kills themselves by stabbing themsleves in the neck?!? that is sadistic. you really aren't messing around when you do that. nothing simple like pills & booze or a carbon monoxide sleep.

that shook me up. I can't imagine things being SO bad that I could cut my own throat.

I wouldn't be shocked if it came out that there was foul play. that was some heavy stuff for 9 0'clock in the morning.

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never really told Doug how his comments make me feel. I've given him a hard time, but I haven't told him seriously. Most of the time he makes very sweet comments, like how good I look in something I have on or how he can see the difference working out is making. But every now and then he makes comments about losing weight, and they're usually just side comments. Like the other day we were shopping in the mall and I was pretty depressed because I couldn't find anything that fit me well. I told him shopping was depressing, and he said that maybe I could use it as motivation. That one hurt. But like I said, he's usually very sweet.

There is something dreadfully wrong with society today where such emphasis is put on appearances. I think that if more attention was paid to morals and values rather than appearance, we'd be a lot better off. (Just my soapbox.)

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seriously, Dawn, maybe it's about time you told him that it hurts your feelings and makes you feel unattractive to him when he makes those kinds of comments. Maybe he doesn't realize that it hurts you. Even if you weighed 500 lbs, it's not his place to get on you about it. He's the person who is supposed to comfort and support you. There's nothing quite as ego deflating as the person who loves you and who you love insinuating that you don't look good enough anymore. Maybe he just doesn't realize the message he sends you when he says those things. It's about time that you pointed it out (not in a yelling or fighting way).

That's what Dr. Phil would say.

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to side with AP; something about that "Plus Size Model"'s suicide doesn't smell right. . . . .

Take it from someone who hs spent all her adult life in larger sizes (before they so graciously referred to them as "Plus"); we are so much more than our outward appearances.

Thank God, I had a Mother and Father who taught me to stand tall and be proud of my differences. I think a lot of the blame for the problems of young adults (primarily women, but not always) feeling insecure in their looks, stems from parents who want to have "perfect little beauty queens/kings" and forget what these pressures do to young, impressionable minds.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How can you help but stand tall, Wonder Lady, you're 6'4", for crying out loud!

washusama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If that is plus size, I wonder what that makes me

*sigh*

yeah I have to agree that IS strange, of all the suicides I have ever heard of, I have NEVER heard of anyone stabbing themselves in the neck.
I think maybe they were doing a little more than pot, maybe LSD, that sounds more like it.

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, funny you asked!

Right after I started, I went to Austin for five days and visited my parents. I gained 5 pounds. I finally decided that I'd like to lose about 10 pounds strictly for myself, not my husband. So I started back on the Slim Fast yesterday. I did fine yesterday, and I actually wasn't hungry because I had the snacks that the program recommends. But then today I went to a birthday party and completely blew it. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for remembering!

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm pretty motivated now. I think we'll be having a third child, and I want to be thin and in good shape before I get pregnant. I think we'll start trying for the baby at the end of the year, so that gives me about 6 months to get my a** in gear. I'm also trying to get better about getting to the gym 3 times a week. I went to my cycling class yesterday (which I hadn't been to in 3 weeks) and I just about died. Pretty sad.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it's so hard to get into a gym routine, but so easy to fall out of it. I haven't been in forever because it's really a shame because I feel so much better when I do go. I have so much more energy.

I have to get my butt back to the gym!