stardust is sneezing alot

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
She has started sneezing alot lately and im not sure what is causing it ? could it be allaergies or a cat cold ? please give me some advice for her. she was changed to sensitive stomach dry food by purina one . she is still eating and drinking and acts normal ... the sneezing has just started a couple of days ago

Last edited:

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
K KittyJ no we havent been doing much cleaning and i know i should . she goes up under the bed and sleeps there at times . i think i was just worrying too much:shocked::dunno:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. While not always the case sneezing, without eye and/or nose discharge, would seem to point to dust. But, just like humans, cats can react differently to various allergens. What is your weather like - if you are having a lot of pollen right now, that could be your culprit. Unless she has just recently started going under the bed to sleep, it would seem it could be more seasonal related than dust related since it only started a couple of days ago.

Although cats can become allergic to something at any point in time, odds are it is not the litter if you haven't changed brands/types recently. And, while a food change could cause an allergic reaction, that tends to cause itchiness more so than just sneezing.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What is your weather like - if you are having a lot of pollen right now, that could be your culprit.
:yeah: I completely agree!

As a human I know that my allergies have been acting up as well. One of the weather people on the news said due to the lack of rain in the midwest and other parts of the country this year it has affected the trees and pollen count. They said the pollen count is higher when it's dry as opposed to wet and rainy, i.e. during dry seasons trees release more pollen. So maybe this is contributing to Stardust's sneezing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner its been raining off and on lately and sometimes a little warm outside . her eyes are fine , i havent noticed any redness or discharge on them . her dry catfood is for sensitive skin and stomach by purina one