Star Wars or Star Trek?

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all things sci-fi, and could happily watch Star Trek all day! I love the original Star Wars films, but the new ones just don't do it for me

xdx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Id say both, but not the new Star Wars films which I think are...... (well words I can't really post)

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
TREK TREK TREK TREK!!!

ALL TREK!!! New, old... love it all!!

I like Babylon 5 too. Star Wars is classic stuff, but only the originals.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BOTH!!!

I am a die-hard Trekkie and a Star Wars geek. I love both!

Star Trek is set in the future and is more technical (kind of more grown-up, some adult issues).

Star Wars is set in the past, and has more of a fantasy/mythical theme to it.

Either way both series / movies have great storylines and awesome characters.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never really got into Star Trek, I liked The Next Generation or whatever it was ok but the original and the rest of the series I could do with out.

But Star Wars? I love my Star Wars even the new movies even though they are crappy. I collect the figures, own the original three movies in multiple format, can quote from it, and have the complusion to buy just about anything that has the words Star Wars on the package. Yes I am a Star Wars geek. My friends and I already have a Star Wars day planned once the last movie come out on DVD, where we'll just sit around and watch all six movies.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Star Trek, although I really haven't seen that many of TNG or the others except for the movies. I REALLY loved the original Star Wars movies, but IMHO George Lucas can't direct worth diddly and most of the actors' "acting" is wooden at best.

I did have a cat named Tribble (blue-cream point Himalayan so she was certainly fluffy) and all my Coon males have traced back to Hillside Mr. Spock. Story goes that as a kitten Spock was "all ears"
!

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Star Trek. Star Wars Episodes IV, V, & VI were excellent. I, II, & III were horrible!

Anyone here watch Babylon 5 or Crusade? Both are high on my list of favorite Sci-Fi series...

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PinkMartini

Never really watched Star Trek before, but have seen all 6 Star Wars movies and love them
Welcome to TCS! Your kitties are beautiful!

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I started out with Star Wars as a kid but now I think I prefer Star Trek (x-cept Deep Space Nine & the new one, Enterprise)
There is so much more to watch with Star trek, so much more that you can absorb, without the cutesy kiddie parts like in Star Wars. (Darth Vader is great, but I can definitely do without the Ewoks & Ja Ja Whats his name)
Classic Star Trek is unrivaled.
The Next Generation series is good-Mike has the first 4 seasons on DVD-but it seems like they stand around too stiffly, too much. I liked Voyager, too.
But the movies are great! It's a toss up between "Wrath of Khan" & "Nemesis" as my favorite.

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
STAR WARS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star trek
I watched a few, but I could never get into them. Honestly Star Wars and Star Gate are the only space movies I ever liked, the rest I dont care for at all.

BTW princess leia is my own personal hero. When I was younger the dress she is wearing right now was what I wanted my wedding dress to be.

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I became a big ST-TNG fan when I moved out of the house the first time, was broke, and only had a 13" tv with no cable to entertain me. Funny enough, FOX came in the best, so I watched whatever was on it!

They were running the episodes in succession from the first one on. I taped them all, up through like the 7th season (I think, I've forgotten how long they ran!) and they switched the programming. So irate!
I kept them, but never watched them, finally losing them to a house fire along with my autograph from Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) that I got at *gulp*, a trekkie convention.

I had a "Star Fleet Academy" sticker on the back window of my car. I thought then that it was sooo cool... it looked like the ones for real schools you see everywhere, like I could still be a semi-closet trekkie if non-fans didn't know what that was!!

I had a crush on Riker