St. Bernard puppy needs good vibes/prayers

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! He sounds like a real fighter. I am glad that he is feeling better and hope that he continues to improve. I hope that your nephew doesn't beat up on himself too much...this is an awfully painful lesson for him to learn.

stingy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh Jcat you are good person!
I hope he be happy and go home soon.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely the best healing is being sent your way for your big guy! They are doing the right things w/getting the antibiotic into him as fast as possible and his size will help him fight. My Sasha had less than 2% chance, was in severe shock after our coyote attack two weeks ago and these procedures feel very similar, even though we have a canine here and a much larger animal under different trauma. We will be thinking of you and him and keep us updated, please!!

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nemo keep on fighting to get better,
lots of good vibes. Jcat you were so right to talk like that to your niece and her parents. Have fun with the parakeets. Hope Nemo soon starts to pull round.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Here's the latest update: It looks as if Nemo is going to pull through, but he still has to stay in the animal clinic for a while because of the infection. My sister and the kids visit him every day, but he's depressed about being there, according to the vets. I was searching for info about three-legged dogs on the Internet today. I'd always heard that dogs who've lost back legs generally have an easier time than those who've lost front legs, but apparently it's the other way around for large breeds, who often have trouble getting up with just one back leg. Unbelievably, there's a 6-year-old Border Collie named Meg in Timaru, New Zealand, that has lost her left foreleg and her right hind leg, and yet still manages to herd sheep. She only falls over if she has to stop suddenly.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Nemo is being released from the animal clinic tomorrow. The vets are astounded that he survived. He's going to have to go back in at a later date for surgery on his tongue, which was injured when he was hit (sounds a bit like Sasha, who survived a coyote attack), but he's doing fairly well. His contact with the other pets (2 dogs and 2 cats, plus numerous rodents and reptiles) will have to be restricted for a few weeks, but he's made it!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The person who hit him just kept driving - his survival is definitely due to some gas station employees who saw it happen and ran out to get him off the street and staunched the bleeding, and to a sheriff's deputy who loaded him into the car and raced him to the nearest clinic. Those people definitely deserve a big round of applause!