Squishy finally going to the vet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Yes, Hammeyandwaf have been on and no, they will not come back to that thread.

I also think that enough info has been added already that maybe you could let up off of her! This isn't an easy decision that she has to make!!

I do believe that there are plenty of horror stories on here to make her feel terrible, so just ease up on that, give a girl a break.

Im pretty sure her landlord requires the declaw.... so the question is??? Would there be enough room in the cardboard box for all of them???
I don't think anyone has been trying to make her feel terrible at all. IMO, in her original post, she stated she was declawing. Knowing this in an antideclaw board, I imagine she'd have to expect people to respond to her. Everyone was just trying to give her so many alternatives out there (like soft paws, getting help trimming nails, and using carpet runners) and keep a conversation going with her. The reason for the stories was just to help her understand how many times that these surgeries turn out negatively, not to make her feel bad. I think for the most part, everyone has been kind and just looking out for Squishy's best interests, which is not having his toes amputated.

There was never a mention of the landlord requiring it. We all just want the best for Squishy.

Good luck to the OP on her cat's surgeries, I know she loves the little girl, so I hope all goes well for her.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Yes, Hammeyandwaf have been on and no, they will not come back to that thread.

I also think that enough info has been added already that maybe you could let up off of her! This isn't an easy decision that she has to make!!

I do believe that there are plenty of horror stories on here to make her feel terrible, so just ease up on that, give a girl a break.

Im pretty sure her landlord requires the declaw.... so the question is??? Would there be enough room in the cardboard box for all of them???

I have IM for myspace too! Ill send it yo ya! I miss you!!!
so she's just going to ignore all the great advice on how to deal with Squishy's claws? Most of us on TCS have at least one fully clawed cat, and have learned how to DEAL with it and most of us have also seen the horrible side effects that declawing can have. If she goes thru with this declawing without exploring every possible alternate and reading every single declawing thread on this site than I'm sorry, but that is wrong and irresponsible. Cats were created with claws, if you cannot deal with them, do not get a cat. TCS does not condone declawing in any way, shape or form unless medically necessary.

Also, no one on here has been "on" her, we are trying to save Squishy's toes by giving her constructive advice and informing her of what could possibly happen as a result of a declaw. For Squishy's sake, I truly hope that she makes it thru the amputation ok, because if she develops litterbox avoidance, biting or any number of other issues, is the OP going to be willing to work with her thru that, since she is not willing to work with her thru "snagging the carpet"? I won't hold my breath.

Since it has been stated that the OP is not willing to come back to this thread and read the posts, I am going to lock it so that we do not keep repeating the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.