Squirrel's showing more and more of his sweeheart personality.

faerian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Two weeks ago we adopted Squirrel, a one year old male tuxedo cat from the local animal shelter. He was a big sweetie when we met him, but now he's really warming up to my family. Today I was lying on my bed with him, he came up to me and snuggled into my side. He tucked his face up into my shirt and fell asleep after a couple of minutes.
It was so precious! Usually he lounges by my side or feet and rests his head on me.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's always great to see them blossom after being adopted. It's a rare cat/kitten that shows its true personality completely at the shelter; there are so many strange smells and sounds that they are always stressed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faerian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, even though he'd been at the shelter for a long time and seemed to have been really comfortable there, you can tell he's really settling into his new home. He also likes flirting with my friends, it seems. I had a friend of mine from another country stay with us for a couple of days while she was visiting, and he was all over her the second night. She turned to me and said: "Lizzie, I think your cat is cheating on you."

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, thats so sweet.
I continue to see sides of my cats I've never seen before and its been a 1 1/2 since I got Rocko. Its so much fun. I never know what to expect!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faerian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As it turns out he also really likes to be brushed. We got him a soft bristled baby brush the other day and he loves the feel of it.
He'll roll onto his side and stretch out his tummy so that I can brush it.