Squib's genetic makeup

nibblerandco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know better than to ask what "breed" she is, but any thoughts on her genetic background, physical type, or probable personality traits? She looks and sounds markedly different from my other two cats (both semi-cobby short-hair-type moggies). She's slender, with a long tail that flares slightly below the base, a small head, and a very prominent sternum (to the point where I asked the vet if it was normal). Her neck has a seahorse-like curve, her fur is very soft, and her ears are kind of "floppy". Her meows were mostly silent until recently, and she speaks mostly in trills and chirps. She's exceptionally intelligent, if answering to her name starting at 8 weeks is any indication. She's also the craziest, scratchiest little kitten I've ever had, is given to climbing thighs, and jumps incredibly high, as if she has springs for legs.

See pictures in post number 7

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry,  I dont see much details... Its of course in part my so so monitor.   I dont have my Photoshop Elements on this computer either, to lighten up the pics...

Do you have a camera where you can force in more light?   This device is usually called for EV, and is typically in 1/3 steps.   Pull it forward  +  3/3 steps, or even 6/3 steps if you manage.

An alternative is, as most cameras concetrate the sensitiveness in the centrum, be sure you aim directly at her, at the place you want to be visible.  In more than the basic cameras, you can pull the pull halfways, move the camera as  you want to compose the pic, and do the pic....

If you dont have any decent camera, the trick is to lighten up in some  photo-remake program...

Are the eyes blue for real, or its just as it seems?

On her pic as kitten they are bluish, but as adult?

The cat sounds very nice and something extra  :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nibblerandco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the photography lesson.
It's still not very good, but you can see her profile and body type better (I hope). The 4th photo in the original post captures her tail shape well, and in the second photo you can see the "flop" in her ears. (They don't flop down of their own accord. She just bends them easily, like collapsible tents.)

Her eyes stayed blue for quite a while (they were blue still at 8-9 weeks) but they've now gone goldy-green, alas:

She's 14 weeks old in the above 2 photos (taken this morning) btw. She has stopped pouncing on The Bug's head now so maybe I can try for another photo...

Last edited:

nibblerandco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Argh I want to replace the photos in my original post with "enhanced" versions, but I can no longer edit it...  Is there some way to do this?

nibblerandco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, also, she has a VERY loud purr. (My husband can hear it from across the room.) She absolutely loves to be petted and has started following her person (that would be me) around. She likes to sit by me (or on my lap, or in front of me). When she wants attention she looks up at me and chirps, and will scrabble up my leg if I don't heed her. (OUCH)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Argh I want to replace the photos in my original post with "enhanced" versions, but I can no longer edit it...  Is there some way to do this?
If its really necessary, you can ask the mods for help.  Click on the red flag in your post.

But the easiest is to simply, have a new post in this tread, with the enhanced photos.

nibblerandco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, I was trying to avoid redundancy, especially in case the enhanced photos are no real help, but here they are... She has what appears to me a slender oriental-type body, but also a dished face; I'm not sure what to make of her, or what to expect as she grows. (Mostly I just want to show off my cute black kitten.