Squeaky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teddy j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Feralvr - I just received a call from one of the residents who was at the last Board Meeting.  She was very disturbed that when the lady (I use that word loosley) suggested spraying the cats with chlorine and killing them, she said that the entire group, Board and most Residents laughed!  Imagine the kind of people that live here - laughed at torturing and painfully  killing two little cats.   I was told that they plan to get another trapper to get Squeaky and Elton -   What luck Squeaky, Elton and I have becauseThe Palm Beach Post just printed the article below article :

Should feral cats be ‘fixed’ and released or euthanized?

by Opinion Staff

A subcommittee in the Florida House has approved House Bill 1121, which gives a form of legal status to felines dubbed “community cats.”

Two feral cats in Palm Beach County (Palm Beach Post file photo)

A less euphemistic name for the animals is “feral cats.”

The bill, approved unanimously by the House Agriculture & Natural Resources Subcommittee, modifies existing law to make clear that people can give food and water to feral cats and let them remain essentially wild.

Under existing law, programs set up to trap, neuter and release such feral cats could have been in violation of laws against illegal abandonment of pets.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................

Teddy J  again -  I am continuing and the folowing is not part of the article: Interesting!  The Condo Board here will be disappointed because they were going to retain an attorney to come after me for feeding Squeaky and Elton! Of course I would have loved to go before a judge and publicize what creeps live here in my community.  I will do it anyhow myself via the editor of the article above.  The Palm Beach Post also had a place for readers to comment - so naturaly I commented as follows: 

""If feeding stations were established the cats would not bother the birds.  They eat whatever they have to eat to survive - you would do the same if you were hungry!  TNR makes a great deal lof sense but some people have such a great hatred they are blind to logic.  My Condo Association is a good example of the misinformed leading the misdirected.  Our Condo President who is obsessed with getting rid of the cats spoke with authority at the recent Board meeting,  too bad it was also with a total lack of knowledge.  One reason El Supremo stated is because,  I quote : " feral cats attract birds"!   And I quoted Forest Gump:  "Stupid is as Stupid Does!"

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy, do you have a set date on when the rescue group will come to get Squeaky and Elton?   It seems to me that their situation isn't the safe given the board's attitude and relocation needs to happen as soon as possible.   I am rooting for you guys!

teddy j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your interest- my computer is crashing so I will give you the short version. 

The Board sent me a letter that for every instance of “feeding” I will be fined $100. (per the Condo documents) – my reply is many questions:  How will they determine if it is me feeding the cats – witnessed, pictures, hearsay?  The documents say “wild animals” (which apply to my ducks - I also feed wild ducks who came back to me from last year - how about that! ) but my cats are not feral, therefore not wild.  In addition I read the documents for the Condo last night and I don’t find any reference that was quoted in the threat latter to me.  It is getting more interesting.  I also called the Palm Beach Post to see if I could be interviewed regarding the Community Cat Problem here etc. I did post the article from  the Post that the house passed a unanimous approved bill that states that feeding feral cats is not against the law.  The Hobe Sound Animal Rescue is going to make a Police Report that comments were made about spraying chlorine on the cats and killing them.  This amounts to animal cruelty.  It did not happen but it will be a matter of record should any animal be found tortured or dead near the Condo Property. The cats will be picked up tomorrow evening to be taken to the Hobe Sound Animal Rescue for the rest of their life.  I committed to supporting both Squeaky and Elton for food and Vet bills - It is a very nice place and I wish they would take me! My computer is going down so I am typing fast or half fast.  I’ll write soon  - Teddy J

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so relieved Teddy!  Let us known  how it goes, vibes for all going well

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is great, Teddy, the words from the Palm Beach Post. I think you are making a dent in taking a stand for feral cats in your area. I hope the feral cats do begin to have more advocates working on their behalf in your area.

Good luck with Elton and Squeaky today. Post when you can about how their transport went. :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

teddy j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have so much trouble navigating this website.

I wrote the followoing to our "Mean " Condo Board:

Please read the Jupiter Courier article attached: Tequesta has dealt with the "Feral Cat" (now called "Community Cats" per Florida House Bill 1121) in an intelligent and cost effective manner. Our cats, "Squeaky and Elton" have been trapped, neutered and received all of their shots including rabies etc. I have the certificates. Please note, per the article, that the Village of Tequesta found that when the cats were removed and murdered then a vacuum was created and a bigger problem arose. To quote the article: ""If the community cats are removed inappropriately and or euthanized then other non-neutered cats who have not received their rabies and other shots would fill in the vacuum.

STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT THE INAPPROPRIATE REMOVAL OF FERAL CATS CAN TRIGGER A DRAMATIC INCREASE IN THE POPULTION OF SMALLER PREDATORS (MICE AND RATS) THAT ARE MORE DAMAGING TO ECOSYSTEMS". FOR INFORMATION CALL SAVE A PET FLORIDA 561-835-9535

I am sure the article attached will have no effect on the opinion of our President who seems to be obsessed with the removal and or death of the cats. If our Board President did not rudely turn her back and walk away from me in the middle of my explanation she would have learned the information below and saved $500 on a trapper. But to the rest of the Board who has an open mind and still has some courtesy left toward other residents, I think you will have to agree with the official study and results that Tequesta has seen for themselves. Too late though, I sent the male cat, Elton, an abandoned house cat, who is a little older and just wants a peaceful retirement, to the Hobe Sound Animal Rescue League’s Sanctuary. The reason that they could not accept them sooner is because they are over budget and over populated. By committing to pay their food and vet bills in the future I was able to get them to accept one cat now and the other later. Squeaky will be sent to the Hobe Sound Rescue next week or the week after. Or, maybe not, I will legally adopt her until there is physical room at the Rescue. There are no “feral cats” here, the remaining cat, “Squeaky”, does not fit the definition of a “feral cat” in any sense of the Palm Beach Code’s Definition. End of letter to the Board.

She has been almost totally socialized over the 7 months that I have been caring for her. I wish I could bring her inside but I have a minature schnauser, Nikki, who would not like sharing or house or me. I put a bright red collar on Squeaky last night so that any trappers will have to release her in case she gets caught. I think she will not go into a trap because I caught her once to Neuter and get her various shots. She is very smart with a great personality! Just think of how she was born in the wild with all of the predators (foxes, coyotes, dogs, other feral cats etc) both land and air (we have very large birds like eagles and hawks) survived, ate what she could catch or get from kind people; she is now over a year old. She comes out of the bush when I call then she follows Nikki and I home. It's quite a sight to see the three of us marching down the road. She runs ahead and she loves to taunt Nikki. She has been almost nose to nose with Nikki. Of course Nikki went crazy barking and pulling her leash; Nikki just wants to play but Squeaky would not understand so I keep them apart. Squeaky was not bothered at all - she totally trusts me! The other day I was on the far side of the Golf Course walking back to out Condo. The two ducks I feed saw us and got behind Nikki and I as we all marched across the golf course. I wish I had a picture of that. Oddly, the ducks are not afraid of Nikki either. Squeaky does not go after the ducks, it's almost like we are all in the family. I love animals, I should have bought acreage and a home when we came to Florida 10 years ago. But my wife and I were both ill and I played it safe. We have a lousy family and connot depend on anyone for help.

The Condo Board sent a letter warning resident - particularly me- that feeding feral cats, and any wildlife is a violation of the documents and a fine of $100 will be charged per violation.

I sent them back the following letter:

I received your March 15th letter regarding: “feeding any wildlife, including feral cats, is considered a violation of the nuisance provision found in the Association’s governing documents by the Board of Directors” .

Please advise the page and paragraph that states the “nuisance provision” and the “violation” you referred to in your letter so that we may read it in its original form. Is it being quoted from The Documents or from the POA Documents?

Please clearly define “feral cats” so that there is no misunderstanding as to Your definition of a “feral cat”.

The definition of a “feral cat” per Palm Beach County’s Code is as follows:

Palm Beach County, Florida

Code ch. 4, §§ 4.2, 4.8, 4.28

Sec. 4-2. Definitions

Feral cat shall mean any cat that has no apparent owner or identification and is apparently wild, untamed, unsocialized, unmanageable and unable to be approached or handled.”

This “Official” definition per the Palm Beach County’s Code does not apply to “Squeaky and Elton”, the two cats” that occasionally visit us.

In addition, A subcommittee in the Florida House has approved House Bill 1121, which gives a form of legal status to felines dubbed “community cats.” The bill, approved unanimously by the House Agriculture & Natural Resources Subcommittee, modifies existing law to make clear that people can give food and water to feral cats and let them remain essentially wild.

You stated: ““feeding any wildlife, including feral cats, is considered a violation of the nuisance provision found in the Associations governing documents by the Board as noted above” . Does this violation extend beyond the Condo's legal property ? If the answer is that it does extend onto other properties not owned by the Condo, then “by what legal authority” can the Board levy a violation and subsequent fine ? Please specify the exact property lines that the Condo Board has “legal” jurisdiction over so that there is no misunderstanding.

Please advise legal ownership of the Road called “Bay Street” as well as the Island on Bay Street (in front of the pool) used for U-turns.

How far does the Condo Board’s interpretation of the documents extend into our personal life? Besides “feeding” as mentioned in your letter, does the Board restrict “touching, or photographing” the “wildlife” and “feral cats” ? What is the legal basis for exacting $100 per violation fine, Town, County or State based?

Regarding the violation and subsequent $100 fine, will the Condo Board act on “hearsay, pictures of the event or a witnessed feeding? Will a witness be called to accuse the violator in person at the next Board meeting”. At what distance will the credibility of said witness be accepted? I would think that the violation would have to be viewed at very close range. How could a witness on one of the walkways above the property be credible since that person, the violator, being charged might just be bending down to tie his shoe or pick up a paper near a feral cat! I would think that if a resident is charged with this $100 violation, that “violator” would be legally entitled to know the name of the accuser, the time, the date, the distance and the circumstances that caused a neighbor or other person to witness the violation. Will the accused be able to question the accuser or will this be a “kangaroo court” like the last Board Meeting whereby our President, a lawyer, “ sworn officer of the court”, condemned the “ “three injured residents for filing a complaint while praising the Violator, the Criminal, who after a thorough investigation by the Department of Agriculture was found guilty of using an improper product, and using it improperly as well etc. He was fined to a total of $10,000 etc. Not such a minor thing as our President would lead you to believe. I have the documents if anyone cares to read them. This is the same “wonderful supplier” who our President and James praised while ignoring the Anchorage’s Liability in this clear violation and possible future law suit . I say that because this prized Supplier, a special nice guy per our President , one who does not provide proper, legally required respirator type face masks to his ignorant, immigrant workers while they breath caustic chemicals into their throat, lungs and eyes. The Condo Board has liability in hiring this “really nice supplier”!

Concerning the “wildlife feeding” with special reference to “feral cats”. The INHUMANE, INSENSITIVE and SADISTIC comment/suggestion by a resident at that recent meeting to “spray the feral cats, Squeaky and Elton, with chlorine to kill them so that the Condo will save the $500 trapper’s fee was noted by people who care and love Gods little creatures. The Humane Society Investigator was appalled to learn that the condo residents laughted at these sadistic statements. She asked if there was any type of rebuke or censure by our President, a Court Officer, with other Court Officers present or by any member of the Board. She asked how an inhumane, brutal, heartless comment could provide humor to a seemingly educated, wealthy audience. The Humane Society was made aware of that comment. She said that as an Agent she is required to report it to both police agencies (Jupiter and West Palm Beach). She said that in the future any animal in our area that shows signs of torture or is found dead by mysterious circumstances etc; an investigation by the Animal Cruelty Police will start at The Condo. It will also be printed in the newspapers!Since this very BAD PUBLICITY might end up in the Palm Beach Post; therefore, I want to suggest that to show the residents of the Condo are really caring, loving people, most of us with Grandchildren who probably love little cats, balance the books concerning this bad publicity and donate the $500 that you would pay another trapper. I can assure you that another trapper will not be needed in the future and we will save that money accordingly.

Please donate $500 in the name of “Squeaky and Elton” to HSAPL, 6452 SW Markel Street, Palm City, FL 34990 - a no kill shelter and a most worthy cause. Where will the money that is collected from fines be deposited? I might suggest that it also be donated in the name of “Squeaky and Elton” to the Hobe Sound Animal Protection League too! TeddyJ

teddy j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wrote the followoing to our "Mean " Condo Board:

Please read the Jupiter Courier article attached: Tequesta has dealt with the "Feral Cat" (now called "Community Cats" per Florida House Bill 1121) in an intelligent and cost effective manner. Our cats, "Squeaky and Elton" have been trapped, neutered and received all of their shots including rabies etc. I have the certificates. Please note, per the article, that the Village of Tequesta found that when the cats were removed and murdered then a vacuum was created and a bigger problem arose. To quote the article: ""If the community cats are removed inappropriately and or euthanized then other non-neutered cats who have not received their rabies and other shots would fill in the vacuum.

STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT THE INAPPROPRIATE REMOVAL OF FERAL CATS CAN TRIGGER A DRAMATIC INCREASE IN THE POPULTION OF SMALLER PREDATORS (MICE AND RATS) THAT ARE MORE DAMAGING TO ECOSYSTEMS". FOR INFORMATION CALL SAVE A PET FLORIDA 561-835-9535

I am sure the article attached will have no effect on the opinion of our President who seems to be obsessed with the removal and or death of the cats. If our Board President did not rudely turn her back and walk away from me in the middle of my explanation she would have learned the information below and saved $500 on a trapper. But to the rest of the Board who has an open mind and still has some courtesy left toward other residents, I think you will have to agree with the official study and results that Tequesta has seen for themselves. Too late though, I sent the male cat, Elton, an abandoned house cat, who is a little older and just wants a peaceful retirement, to the Hobe Sound Animal Rescue League’s Sanctuary. The reason that they could not accept them sooner is because they are over budget and over populated. By committing to pay their food and vet bills in the future I was able to get them to accept one cat now and the other later. Squeaky will be sent to the Hobe Sound Rescue next week or the week after. Or, maybe not, I will legally adopt her until there is physical room at the Rescue. There are no “feral cats” here, the remaining cat, “Squeaky”, does not fit the definition of a “feral cat” in any sense of the Palm Beach Code’s Definition. End of letter to the Board.

She has been almost totally socialized over the 7 months that I have been caring for her. I wish I could bring her inside but I have a minature schnauser, Nikki, who would not like sharing or house or me. I put a bright red collar on Squeaky last night so that any trappers will have to release her in case she gets caught. I think she will not go into a trap because I caught her once to Neuter and get her various shots. She is very smart with a great personality! Just think of how she was born in the wild with all of the predators (foxes, coyotes, dogs, other feral cats etc) both land and air (we have very large birds like eagles and hawks) survived, ate what she could catch or get from kind people; she is now over a year old. She comes out of the bush when I call then she follows Nikki and I home. It's quite a sight to see the three of us marching down the road. She runs ahead and she loves to taunt Nikki. She has been almost nose to nose with Nikki. Of course Nikki went crazy barking and pulling her leash; Nikki just wants to play but Squeaky would not understand so I keep them apart. Squeaky was not bothered at all - she totally trusts me! The other day I was on the far side of the Golf Course walking back to out Condo. The two ducks I feed saw us and got behind Nikki and I as we all marched across the golf course. I wish I had a picture of that. Oddly, the ducks are not afraid of Nikki either. Squeaky does not go after the ducks, it's almost like we are all in the family. I love animals, I should have bought acreage and a home when we came to Florida 10 years ago. But my wife and I were both ill and I played it safe. We have a lousy family and connot depend on anyone for help.

The Condo Board sent a letter warning resident - particularly me- that feeding feral cats, and any wildlife is a violation of the documents and a fine of $100 will be charged per violation.

I sent them back the following letter:

I received your March 15th letter regarding: “feeding any wildlife, including feral cats, is considered a violation of the nuisance provision found in the Association’s governing documents by the Board of Directors” .

Please advise the page and paragraph that states the “nuisance provision” and the “violation” you referred to in your letter so that we may read it in its original form. Is it being quoted from The Documents or from the POA Documents?

Please clearly define “feral cats” so that there is no misunderstanding as to Your definition of a “feral cat”.

The definition of a “feral cat” per Palm Beach County’s Code is as follows:

Palm Beach County, Florida

Code ch. 4, §§ 4.2, 4.8, 4.28

Sec. 4-2. Definitions

Feral cat shall mean any cat that has no apparent owner or identification and is apparently wild, untamed, unsocialized, unmanageable and unable to be approached or handled.”

This “Official” definition per the Palm Beach County’s Code does not apply to “Squeaky and Elton”, the two cats” that occasionally visit us.

In addition, A subcommittee in the Florida House has approved House Bill 1121, which gives a form of legal status to felines dubbed “community cats.” The bill, approved unanimously by the House Agriculture & Natural Resources Subcommittee, modifies existing law to make clear that people can give food and water to feral cats and let them remain essentially wild.

You stated: ““feeding any wildlife, including feral cats, is considered a violation of the nuisance provision found in the Associations governing documents by the Board as noted above” . Does this violation extend beyond the Condo's legal property ? If the answer is that it does extend onto other properties not owned by the Condo, then “by what legal authority” can the Board levy a violation and subsequent fine ? Please specify the exact property lines that the Condo Board has “legal” jurisdiction over so that there is no misunderstanding.

Please advise legal ownership of the Road called “Bay Street” as well as the Island on Bay Street (in front of the pool) used for U-turns.

How far does the Condo Board’s interpretation of the documents extend into our personal life? Besides “feeding” as mentioned in your letter, does the Board restrict “touching, or photographing” the “wildlife” and “feral cats” ? What is the legal basis for exacting $100 per violation fine, Town, County or State based?

Regarding the violation and subsequent $100 fine, will the Condo Board act on “hearsay, pictures of the event or a witnessed feeding? Will a witness be called to accuse the violator in person at the next Board meeting”. At what distance will the credibility of said witness be accepted? I would think that the violation would have to be viewed at very close range. How could a witness on one of the walkways above the property be credible since that person, the violator, being charged might just be bending down to tie his shoe or pick up a paper near a feral cat! I would think that if a resident is charged with this $100 violation, that “violator” would be legally entitled to know the name of the accuser, the time, the date, the distance and the circumstances that caused a neighbor or other person to witness the violation. Will the accused be able to question the accuser or will this be a “kangaroo court” like the last Board Meeting whereby our President, a lawyer, “ sworn officer of the court”, condemned the “ “three injured residents for filing a complaint while praising the Violator, the Criminal, who after a thorough investigation by the Department of Agriculture was found guilty of using an improper product, and using it improperly as well etc. He was fined to a total of $10,000 etc. Not such a minor thing as our President would lead you to believe. I have the documents if anyone cares to read them. This is the same “wonderful supplier” who our President and James praised while ignoring the Anchorage’s Liability in this clear violation and possible future law suit . I say that because this prized Supplier, a special nice guy per our President , one who does not provide proper, legally required respirator type face masks to his ignorant, immigrant workers while they breath caustic chemicals into their throat, lungs and eyes. The Condo Board has liability in hiring this “really nice supplier”!

Concerning the “wildlife feeding” with special reference to “feral cats”. The INHUMANE, INSENSITIVE and SADISTIC comment/suggestion by a resident at that recent meeting to “spray the feral cats, Squeaky and Elton, with chlorine to kill them so that the Condo will save the $500 trapper’s fee was noted by people who care and love Gods little creatures. The Humane Society Investigator was appalled to learn that the condo residents laughted at these sadistic statements. She asked if there was any type of rebuke or censure by our President, a Court Officer, with other Court Officers present or by any member of the Board. She asked how an inhumane, brutal, heartless comment could provide humor to a seemingly educated, wealthy audience. The Humane Society was made aware of that comment. She said that as an Agent she is required to report it to both police agencies (Jupiter and West Palm Beach). She said that in the future any animal in our area that shows signs of torture or is found dead by mysterious circumstances etc; an investigation by the Animal Cruelty Police will start at The Condo. It will also be printed in the newspapers!Since this very BAD PUBLICITY might end up in the Palm Beach Post; therefore, I want to suggest that to show the residents of the Condo are really caring, loving people, most of us with Grandchildren who probably love little cats, balance the books concerning this bad publicity and donate the $500 that you would pay another trapper. I can assure you that another trapper will not be needed in the future and we will save that money accordingly.

Please donate $500 in the name of “Squeaky and Elton” to HSAPL, 6452 SW Markel Street, Palm City, FL 34990 - a no kill shelter and a most worthy cause. Where will the money that is collected from fines be deposited? I might suggest that it also be donated in the name of “Squeaky and Elton” to the Hobe Sound Animal Protection League too! TeddyJ

abisiobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just read this now and want you to know Teddy my thoughts are with you. I am Canadian but my parents (in 80s)) visit Fla - Tampa Bay area -part of the yr and I have noticed many ppl walking dogs but not so many kitties. That said, I have read of a few good rescues like the one you found. Condos have such arcane rules!! Who says one pet is ok, another not? That has all the essence of a law suit. I wish Squeeky could be with you -both of them really. Cats reduce stress, have so much good for people of all ages. Has this Board never heard if therapy cats. Pls keep us up to date and my best to all of you!!!

teddy j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for your interest!  I am so relieved to say that last night I was able to send Squeaky to the Hobe Sound Animal Rescue League.  I can relax now that she is out of harm's way.  I am going to make an offer on a house if I get a good doctor's report tomorrow.  If I get the house, I will bring Squeaky out of the Rescue and to our home. Stay Well,  Teddy J

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks so much for your interest!  I am so relieved to say that last night I was able to send Squeaky to the Hobe Sound Animal Rescue League.  I can relax now that she is out of harm's way.  I am going to make an offer on a house if I get a good doctor's report tomorrow.  If I get the house, I will bring Squeaky out of the Rescue and to our home. Stay Well,  Teddy J
I am so relieved to hear about Squeaky. What an awful situation with the condo. I am so sorry and I do hope that you are able to get that house. Would be wonderful for Squeaky. And how is Elton?? Good luck at the doctor. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

teddy j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks again, I sent Elton to the rescue last week.  I heard that he is happy and enjoying having is meals and the safety of quiet surroundings without the worry of being chased by a dog or other predator.  Squeaky was sent there last night and she is well and receiving lots of attention.  I will visit her in a few days. 

I have spoken to a columnist who writes for the Palm Beach Post Newspaper.  I am trying to convince him to write about the Feral Cat Issue here in Florida but especially in my area.    I want to bring every aspect to light,  especially how Condo Residents,  ignorant about the facts,  become sadistic,  brutal and stupid.   Yet when their grandchildren visit  and see the cats, as they just did for the Easter Holiday, the grandparents suddenly become “normal” and playful while the cats and grand kids are both present.  Remove the kids and they become the devil incarnate with no mercy for our little guys!  I suggested he speak to the President of Our Board,  El Supremo,  as well as the mysterious “other President” who is directing her to go after the poor cats with such vengeance.   Ironically,  I have lived here 10 years and I have seen 3 cats,  that’s it 3 cats.  I am not fond of our Board for many reasons,  they are a bunch of heartless *******s.  I also want him to write about Caregiving,  a very big subject,  especially here in Florida.   I am also a Caregiver of my wife;  it’s 18 years since she had a major stroke at 51 and became paralyzed on her right side.  She also lost most of her speech.  Over 18 years ago,  the Doctors told me to put Helaine in a nursing home and that she would be a vegetable etc.  I replied that my wife will never go to any type of a home as long as I have a breath and even after I am gone!  Caregiving is the toughest job in the world, especially if you have a deep love for the person you are taking care of.     Caregiving is another subject   that touches most of us in Florida.  I only saw a trailer of the movie “Amour” during the Oscars;  I think it is the story of our life but I have not seen the entire film.   Two years after Helaine’s stroke I developed Chronic Leukemia from fatigue and the  extreme stress of being a Caregiver 24/7 with no family help plus closing a business.  Over the years,  I wrote an interesting,  unfortunately true,  short story called “The Caregiver” but I don’t have the power of concentration any longer to really pull it together properly.   It is the story of a happy,  normal  family whose tall, handsome 25 year old son commits suicide by handcuffing himself to his Mercedes Convertible and driving it into our swimming pool for no apparent reason other than being on drugs.  He hid  the drugs well from two loving parents, he wasn’t a burn out,  I wish he had been a burn out,  at least we would have had a chance to save him before it was too late.   He had a great sense of humor,  even his final  note said “please forgive me for the mess but Sparkle car wash was closed!”   Five years later after we were returning to normality,  if one ever returns to normality after a tragedy like that,  we had an armed robbery by Organized NJ Crime figures.  It was almost a welcome relief and helped snap us out it so to speak.   I had a shootout at close range  in our jewelry store,    in the open in two different directions with two low life members of the NJ Mob.   I got lucky,  I am not a tough guy in that sense but I am pretty tough in others , I killed one.  The Mob or his family came to our home the next night to kill me, but they were unsuccessful and could not get up  our  icy, snow covered   driveway.    Their attempt failed,  you might think snow tires would have been a good investment in a car that was going to be used as a getaway car  in a murder during the winter!  The peripheral members of the mob that do the killing and beatings are not exactly members of “Mensa” they are totally stupid – As Forest Gump said:  “Stupid is as stupid does”!    They  tried to kill me over a  two year period that I am aware until they all ended up in jail,  I carried a gun for 10 years because they had friends on the outside.   Lots more to tell at another time,  I wish I could finish my story but I have to work on a children’s book.  .    Warmest Regards,  Teddy J

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so relieved that the cats are safe! This is truly a harrowing tale!! My grandmother is a snowbird and goes to Georgia every winter. I was really surprised at the amount of feral cats living near the condos. What really shocked me was that many of them were clearly pure breds who must of been abandoned. Where I am from you never really see feral cats and would never see a pure bred on the streets. I was only there a week and couldn't do much, but it is sad that people would abandon all these cats and that there seem to be very few rescue organizations in the area. I really hope these cats are not hunted down by the condo board, they also seem to be former pets of the people living there which is so crazy. I will never understand how people could just dump a cat outside.