Spydee cat

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry for you tragic loss. However of whenever we lose our well loved friends it is never easy. Remember Spydee with love and humour. As you say she was a very special and affectionate cat-she still is and is now playing happily together with all our much loved friends. No doubt Jessie, Punkin,Charley, Comare and my dear little Tulip who left me last Sunday are welcoming her and showing her the ropes at Rainbow Bridge.
You are in my thoughts at this sad time

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by brians

ciera23, oh my, you just lost them. Im so very sorry. Looking at their ages, I guess you can just never tell when they might be gone.

I'll make sure I'll say a little something for Jessie and Punkin.
Yes, I've had a bad couple of months. Cancer took my Jessie and I am not sure what took my Punkin but we suspect FIP.
Thank you for your kind words.
I prayed that my girls would take care of your Spydee up there.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh brian how awful for you

I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you, i only lost my cat sky last week, so i know how you feel, just take one day at a time

gizmoe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Brian,

I am so sorry to hear of this terrible loss. My heart and thoughts go out to you and to your precious baby. May time lessen the hurt and guilt you feel and remember the happy times until you are reunited again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brians

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
tulip2454: Thank you. You are very correct, it is probably one of the hardest things we have to go through in life and that's saying goodbye to a loved one, whether or not they have 4 legs or 2. I'm at ease knowing that I gave her all my love and she knew that she was loved.

ciera23: That's so sad. I think if they are sick or healthy when they go, it's just a hard thing to deal with, period.

cazx01: Thank you for your condolences. I'm sorry to hear about your loss as well. Yes, one day at a time is about the only thing that seems to work.

gizmoe: Thank you as well for your condolences. Yes, I am sure with time, the hurt will lesson, thankfully. I'll never forget how good of a friend and companion she was and I am looking forward to being reunited with her in the future.

Thank you all for your kind responses and condolences and your thoughts and prayers. They have all helped tremendously.

kittylady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just want you to know how sorry I am about your loss of Spydee. I know the pain and guilt you must feel and it is so hard to bare
. Our kitten got out and was killed on the hwy just the other day ..

Try not to blame yourself and remember that you loved her and cared for her so much and she knows that too. Just remember the good times and the happy memories you have of her. This will keep her forever in your heart and her spirit close to you always.

jan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, I've not been on the site for a few days and have only just read this. It's always very painful to lose an animal, but I just can't begin to imagine how you must feel. Our cats have never ever been known to climb into the washing machine, but because you have shared your experience with us, I will always check now, in memory of your precious Spydee.

She knew you loved her and would never intentionally hurt her. She had 10 years when she was warm and well fed in a loving and caring home and that's, sadly, 10 years more than many thousands of animals enjoy.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
brians...
i'm kind of wondering if, since you didn't hear any cries, she might have been gone before the dryer started.
on another note,
i totally understand the guilt factor, because my first cat died right after being medicated. i have always questioned whether the stress of pilling brought it on (she was already ill), or if she choked, etc.
i finally, after several years, have somewhat come to terms with feeling like i caused her death.
it wasn't your fault - it was her time. rest assured - had she been in any pain, you WOULD have heard her.
i grieve with you...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brians

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
kittylady: Thank you for your condolences and mine go out to you for your kitten. I do try to not blame myself, it's hard sometimes though and I do have a lot of great memories of her and I try to think about them.

Jan: Thank you. Yes, Spydee never ever went in them or on top of them. She would go behind them because it was a good place to hide, but never IN them. Yes, I would suggest to everyone to take roll call before closing the washer or dryer door before turning them on. I don't want that to happen to anyone. 10 good years of love is a lot more than many many cats will ever know and I just hope she is ok wherever she may be.

laureen227: I'm hoping that she was already gone before I turned it on and that way I know for sure there was no suffering. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking if she had to suffer through it all. Im sorry to hear about your cat passing after taking a pill. I would feel bad too if something like that happened and you are right, time seems to be the few things that help us get through stuff like this.