Spray bottle worked for correcting bad behavior

justsayin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When my cat Aunt Piity Pat was exercising unacceptable behavior, I used the water spray bottle and gave her a zap of the water stream, she gets it. No more problems.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Using a spray bottle to correct a cat for poor behavior usually will only end of up causing the cat to fear you.  This is not what you want in a relationship with your cat.  What type of bad behavior are you trying to correct? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

justsayin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, we didn't know that. Thank goodness that hasn't happened to any of the 4 we have raised. They are unafraid of anything , the eldest fights raccoons when they try to come up on the deck. One sits up and begs for bacon and French fries, plays tag with me just like a dog would, another hugs necks and says Moma. All very loving and happy. Maybe they have never seen where the zap of water comes from? They rub against the bottle. They all love baths and blow dry but detest the water zap. I do appreciate the caution you have brought to our attention. As for what behaviors, none. The zap worked for us. None get on any kitchen counters or table, no scratching up furniture or climbing draperies etc.