Sprained toe?

LovelyStyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello friends,

Savvy experienced an environmental accident where a bit of weight fell on her front left paw / toes. Perhaps 5lbs, maybe a bit more. After a fitful night of unusual behavior, which included running on it (so I know it's not broken), I noticed a bit of swelling. She'll allow me to touch it and she isn't limping. She is trotting, eating and voiding. However she is seemingly not able to use that paw / leg / toes to scratch behind her ear and she isn't using it much on scratching post.

Her gait is not noticeably different but the foot appears to be at a different angle. What I viewed as swelling is a less. She will allow me to touch it and other behavior has returned to normal. Does this sound like natural cat healing?

Thanks in advance.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Take her to the vet and have it checked out. At a minimum, call the vet and tell them what happened, and see what they think. It will likely be OK, but you just never know...Comparatively speaking, that would be like a human who weighs 120 pounds having a 60 pound weight fall on their foot.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would have it checked, myself. It will probably be fine, and even if broken, the remedies are limited. However, he may find some sign of nerve damage, which you would certainly want to know about, or he may prescribe a gentle pain-reliever for her.