Spouses That Don't Like Cats

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This morning my poor hubby I think he just had it. All three of the cats were in our small bedroom when he was trying to get dressed. He almost sat on Lil, Dil was in one of his shoes, and Pearl was just running around manic as always. He just looked at me and walked out of the room. Sometimes I feel sorry for him ... sometimes.
Anyone else have a spouse that isn't a cat lover?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully, no.
Animals have always been a big part of my life, I could never be with someone that didn't feel as I do about all living things.

It is true though, cats love to gravitate to people that don't care for them.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymommy

This morning my poor hubby I think he just had it. All three of the cats were in our small bedroom when he was trying to get dressed. He almost sat on Lil, Dil was in one of his shoes, and Pearl was just running around manic as always. He just looked at me and walked out of the room. Sometimes I feel sorry for him ... sometimes.
Anyone else have a spouse that isn't a cat lover?
I wouldn't feel too sorry for him..your furbabies are a big part of your life. The way I see it when my kitty gets on my nerves is that at least I'm blessed enough that he is still here to get on my nerves!

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a boyfriend once that finally admitted that he didn't like the birds or the cats - wanted me to get rid of them for him.
Yeah right, got rid of him instead.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My hubby didn't want to get cats originally. My boss (their mama's owner) had to literally bribe the guy before he would agree to it! We've had them for about a year now, and a few months ago, he finally agreed with me that they're great, so much fun, and that he's happy they're around! He said a couple months ago (for the first time) that he loves them...it was so sweet to hear! It's not like he ignored them, or made it clear he didn't like them, necessarily, just that I could tell he was kinda tolerating them for a while before he was willing to admit that he was so happy they're here. Lol...sometimes men are just like that...but they love us, so they have to love our little ones, too!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bradley's mother has been active with animal rescue for a long time. He got to feeling like she was choosing the pets over her own children. So I know that it has always been a fear of his- that I would always choose my cats over him. Fortunately, he understands that I love him and the cats in different ways and that he'd never have to compete with them for my love and attention (well, sometimes....
).
He loves the girls, especially "his" baby Cosette. He always baby talks her and picks her up for a snuggle whenever he comes home.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My bf is not a cat lover either.
He loves OUR cats, and he supports me and the work I do with cats, he's just not cat crazy.

Today they were hungry and kept walking all over him and me around 5:30am and meowing, he gave me the most miserable look.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eh I don't have a spouse but I don't even date guys who give any attitude about cats. They are my darlings (the cats, not guys) and if a dude has a problem with me having 6 cats and letting them rule my house... he can just go away...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My ex boyfriend ( Rosies daddy ) was the one who suggested we get a kitten because he liked them and he knew i loved them.

My husband on the other hand begged me not to get one when we were together, and stupid me listened to him!.

But would i love to see the look on his face if he knew i had two cats!!!

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
David says he hates cats. He finds all kind of excuses why. But its when I find him cuddled up with them that he is fresh out of excuses!

And then he says " Sarah Garfield needs this or Sarah, Lilo looks sad or Sarah the kittens need to be played with".
I just ask him if you hate them why are you worried???? He has no answer!!!!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never dated anyone who disliked cats. Not all of them were cat lovers though. I honestly don't understand why someone wouldn't like them. My ex-husband still has visitation with Oliver.

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I knew that my bf likes cats and animals in general, he bought me Pepper for my 21st birthday, but I have to say he baby's the cat more than I do half the time.
He's always talking baby talk to her and lets her to whatever she wants, she gets away with everything when he's home...no wonder she's such a savage...

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My BF loves cats...I don't think I could be with someone who didn't. He had Miss Kitty for years before I met him. He rescued and rehabbed her from a fearful, bitey, skinny thing to the friendly, lovey, fat thing she is today.

And he adores Zoe, too.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rob was neither particularly for nor particularly against cats when we began keeping company. Shasta taught him, just as she taught me. He's hooked.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bf thinks im crazy but thats ok.
He doesnt hate cats he has had animals all his life, but he hates sending them away.. his mother has a habbit of keeping them for a few days and getting sick of them. He always says how annoying they are because they use so much money, but when you see him cuddling teufel its lovely

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fiance LOVED the first two cats I got. However, when I got three more.....he said "that is it!!! no more cats for you"

That was totally understandable, though.....

ravin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To here my husband tell it. He has to deal with the hair, the cats jumping on him to get to the cat window seat when he is napping on the couch. Always under his feet and so on....but when you watch him with the cats he is worse that I am, feeding them part of his ice cream bar.
Food off his plate, snuggles with them

He really loves them in my eyes.