Spotlight of the Week - berylayn!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info Sarah! I'll let you know when I plan to move over there.

What is your favourite book?

oooo, i love to read when I have the time. I don't know that I have a favorite. There a so many genres out there and I like to get caught up in so many different types of stories.

I guess one of my more recent favorites was a book called "I know this much is true" by Wally lamb. It was about two twin brothers, one who had sczophrenia and lived in a mental hospital and the other who was his primary caretaker as I believe he was the only family left living. It was on of those books I had a very hard time putting down.

What is your favourite film?

Hmmmm, I am really much of a movie person, so I don't really have a favorite movie.
I like to watch romantic comedies though. I really like 'Love Actually' which was released last year sometime I think.

If you were to go to a desert island, what three inanimate objects would you need to have?

Ack so hard!!!!! I'll say:

1) a toothbrush
2) a lighter - for fire
3) a boat (with a full tank of gas)

Do you enjoy boat rides?

Hahaha, I enjoy them when I am not seasick.
I tend to get boat sick if I look over the edge too long.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this member spotlight -- I think I have gotten know many many members much better through this!

1.- Wich is your Favourite film of Science Fiction (Do you like that Gender?)

Well I don't watch a whole lot of movies. Especially Sci Fi.
I wish I had a better answer for you, but i don't.

2.- Do you have brothers? ( I mean Family)

I am fortunate to have my mom and day and younger sister live only about 20 minutes away. We are very close and I am happy to have them live so near to me!

3.- Wich place in the world would you like to meet (I mean if you have the money to visit
)

I would LOVE to visit Israel, or Australia or Italy one of these days. Although I hate airplanes so I don't know if Australia is in my near future (its like a 17 hour plane ride from here!!)

4.- Choose one Sunrise or Sunset and say why...

Sunrise....I am a morning person. I love to see the sun come up. Its so quiet and peaceful and serene.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, here's a question that I find usually gets me an interesting story. If the question hits a nerve or there is something you'd rather not talk about, just ignore it. I won't be at all offended and I hope you won't be either.

What is the closest that you have ever come to dying?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hummmm
good answers!!!!
Let see for today:
1.- In your own opinion wich is the best breed of cats?

2.- Can you drive a Car? do you have one? wich brand?
3.- Like cold or Warm weather?
4.- Like the chocolates? wich brand is your favourite?

Cheers!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

Okay, here's a question that I find usually gets me an interesting story. If the question hits a nerve or there is something you'd rather not talk about, just ignore it. I won't be at all offended and I hope you won't be either.

What is the closest that you have ever come to dying?
Ok so I was totally not ignoring your question. I have just been spending 2 days trying to figure out how to answer it.
I have been lucky enough to not have had a true near death expericence. But I guess I do have one story from HS gym class that kinda sucks that I can share.

Lemme just preface this by saying that in HS I was one of the least atletic people ever. I hated gym class. I avoided doing anything if possible. One day however, I got stuck helping to set up volleyball equipment with a few other people. Our vollyball nets were attached to these huge poles with metal bases that weighed about 200 lbs. These poles had to be rolled and then lifted onto gymnastics mats because our gym teachers did not want their precious floors scratched.

So I am assisted in this set up endeavor not by doing the heavy lifiting but by carrying the net to keep in out of the way. Well of course the pole was not attached to the base correctly and while the 2 other set up people were trying to lift the pole and base onto the mat the base came unscrewed from the pole and fell on both of my legs.

Just thinking about that feeling now when it fell on both of my legs still makes me cringe. I thought I was never going to walk again. I came close to passing out, the pain was so unbearable. Fortunately two broken feet and 7 years later I am ok.

Not really near death but a sucky experiene nonetheless.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! That's just the sort of story I'm was looking for...something where it all turned out fine but was, I'm sure, very exciting (not using this word in the positive sense, of course) at the time. I'll save mine for if/when I'm ever the "spotlight member of the week" lol. Glad to hear you're ok!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I have not been on the ball with this spotlight stuff -- I 've had two REALLY busy/hectic days. Ok let's see here...

1.- In your own opinion wich is the best breed of cats?

Well I enjoy my domestic shorthair just fine
I've never really investigated breeds too much but I'm convinced Ebony has alot of Bombay in her, so I'm gonna have to go with Bombay for now.

2.- Can you drive a Car? do you have one? wich brand?
I LOVE to drive. I have driven since the first day I turned 16 and could use my license. I just bought a brand new car this past summer.
I currently am driving a 2004 Toyota Matrix XRS. I love it!

3.- Like cold or Warm weather?
Can I say I like in between weather.
My favorite seasons are fall and spring -- not too hot, not too cold.

4.- Like the chocolates? wich brand is your favourite?

I like anything chocolate! I think my favorite chocolate bar however would have to be something like a Recees Peanut Butter Cup. I love chocolate mixed with peanut butter the best.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just teasing because I make a spelling error on every post. I wish they had spell check.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank´s for the answers!
Berylayn

Hummmmm
let´s see for today...
1.- Do you like the Disco Music of the 70´s?

2.- What are the thing more crazy that you do... I mean Jump bungie or Jump in parachute...

3.- Do you like the popcorn? you know how to cook corn?

4.- What is thing that you most hate in the world..

Cheers!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oooooooo, gotta answer my last set of questions before I pass the ball to someone else tomorrow!

1.- Do you like the Disco Music of the 70´s?

hmmm, not a big 70's fan. I am a product of the 80's and 90's so I listen to more recent music.

2.- What are the thing more crazy that you do... I mean Jump bungie or Jump in parachute...

Can I chicken out and say neither.
I am not very adventurous and I HATE heights, but if I HAD to pick one I'd pick bungee jumping.

3.- Do you like the popcorn? you know how to cook corn?

Oh my gosh I love popcorn. Some nights I'll just pop myself a big bowl and call that dinner. So healthy...but I am a popcorn addict so i can't help it.

4.- What is thing that you most hate in the world..

Cheers!

I hate that I have to work so hard and I barely have time to devote to myself. I really wish I had more ME time.