Spotlight Member of the Week Feb.21 - 28...Kluchetta

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are a very talented woman

Random questions:

1. Are your musical interests purely pleasure or are you employed in something musical?

2. Assuming your musical interests are a hobby, do you have any other hobbies?

3. What would you like to be doing 5yrs from now? What do you think you will be doing 5yrs from now?

4. Would you be willing to eat a bowl full of crickets for $40K ? How about 5K?

5. You are given $1 000 000 to donate anonymously to charity or to a stranger. How would you dispose of it?

6. In conversations, do you tend to listen or talk more?

7. If you decided to do something and your friends strongly advised you not to, could you do it anyway?

Thanks for answerring all the questions. So far its been great getting to know you a bit more.

One added question: My daughter picked the French Horn to play in school. She gets to bring it home every so often and practice with it along with at school. The first day she was so excited and wanted to buy one. I, of course, explained that if its something she decides she thoroughly enjoys and decided to continue with, then we would see.

My question is: Are there any tips you can give a 12yr old beginner about the French Horn? (I'm not sure if French Horn and marching french horn are the same, but I'm assuming they are similiar). Any tricks or techniques?

Thanks

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

You are a very talented woman

Random questions:
1. Are your musical interests purely pleasure or are you employed in something musical?

I am a "volunteer" musician, LOL. That's what usually happens in a very large metro area. I've played for money in smaller towns, but there are way too many people that will play for free here. That's ok, though!

2. Assuming your musical interests are a hobby, do you have any other hobbies?

I love to read, I even read during rests in rehearsal! I also like to do cross stitch and do a little horseback riding.

3. What would you like to be doing 5yrs from now? What do you think you will be doing 5yrs from now?

It's amazing...five years will go so fast, I'm sure. Right now I work in parks and recreation; I supervise the front desk of a community center and take care of the computer stuff. I also develop a couple of websites for the department. So I think I will be doing that in 5 years. In addition, in 5 years, I would love to get a Mustang horse and train it...that is my dream!

4. Would you be willing to eat a bowl full of crickets for $40K ? How about 5K?

Ewwww...how big of a bowl? $40K is a lot. I might think about it pretty hard!

5. You are given $1 000 000 to donate anonymously to charity or to a stranger. How would you dispose of it?

I'm pretty OCD I'd probably research any person or charity to death then donate, LOL.

6. In conversations, do you tend to listen or talk more?

Probably about 50/50. I do like to talk...

7. If you decided to do something and your friends strongly advised you not to, could you do it anyway?

Probably not. I have very strong first impressions of situations and people, and would trust my friends to have those same type of feelings.

Thanks for answerring all the questions. So far its been great getting to know you a bit more.

One added question: My daughter picked the French Horn to play in school. She gets to bring it home every so often and practice with it along with at school. The first day she was so excited and wanted to buy one. I, of course, explained that if its something she decides she thoroughly enjoys and decided to continue with, then we would see.

My question is: Are there any tips you can give a 12yr old beginner about the French Horn? (I'm not sure if French Horn and marching french horn are the same, but I'm assuming they are similiar). Any tricks or techniques?

Ha ha, LOL! Marching French Horn is more like a trumpet, but I could have some tips.

First of all, meowqueensdaddy is a professional french horn player. I'd send a PM!
Also, One nice thing about brass instruments is that the school instruments are not usually too bad. If they're beat up or dented, that's a problem, but it's not nearly as hard as a woodwind player playing a plastic oboe/clarinet/bassoon (yuck!!!). Also, horn is one of the harder instruments. You are playing at the top of the harmonics so the notes are "closer" together than other brass instruments. The thing that helps me a LOT, besides practice, which doesn't happen as much now as it should, is if I am making a mistake, I take the instrument away, and SING the music. You can play on the piano first, but I find if I "hear" it wrong, I will "play" it wrong. Singing it makes you hear it right. So, PM me for more tips, I'm sure everyone doesn't want to read all this junk! LOL!

Thanks for picking me, I didn't know it would be so much fun!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Want some more? We touched briefly on food in the Desert Island set, now let's get a little more depth...

1. Do you cook? Do you like to, or is it a chore?

2. Do you like to cook with someone else? How well do you share your kitchen?

3. What is your favourite thing to prepare?

4. What is your favourite dish that someone else prepares for you? Who?

5. Either of those favourites might be a comfort food, or not. What is your favourite comfort food?

6. What is your favourite celebration food?

7. When people come to my table, I always ask first whether there are any allergies/sensitivities/likes/dislikes I should keep in mind. If you came to my home, what would your answer be?

8. Do you consider yourself adventurous where unfamiliar food is concerned?

9. What is your favourite meal of the day?

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Kim, I don't think there is any thing left to ask, LOL! I would say every thing is about covered.

Do you like gardening?

Which plants/flowers do you like to grow/ Do you like having a vegetable garden?

I'm sorry I really couldn't think of any thing else, lol!

Well one more which is your favourite pet? (and by pet I mean cat, and remember who is asking you LOL!
) Just kidding this was only a funny trick question

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Do you have any phobias?

2. What is your favorite element from the periodic table?

3. Have you had any embarrassing moments? Which was the most embarrassing?

4. What makes you happy?

5. Do you have a favorite online game?

6. Is there a type of food that you don't like?

7. What piece of furniture is your favorite?

8. What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own?

9. What is the best advice anyone has given you?

10. If you had a themesong, which would it be?

11. List one accomplishment you're proud of!

12. Do you have any recurring dreams?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Want some more? We touched briefly on food in the Desert Island set, now let's get a little more depth...
1. Do you cook? Do you like to, or is it a chore?

I do cook, I mostly like it. My problem is thinking of things to cook. Plus the time when we are really busy.

2. Do you like to cook with someone else? How well do you share your kitchen?

I like to clean up as I go, so it's difficult to get over that when someone else is in my kitchen.

3. What is your favourite thing to prepare?

Chicken Angelo (recipe from the Hermitage Restaurant in Fanuiel Hall)

4. What is your favourite dish that someone else prepares for you? Who?

I really like it when my hubby makes spaghetti. His grandparents came from Italy, so he uses his grandma's recipe. She didn't read or write, so it is passed down.

5. Either of those favourites might be a comfort food, or not. What is your favourite comfort food?

Homemade chicken noodle soup or homemade Mac & cheese.

6. What is your favourite celebration food?

Hmmm...I really like summer bbqs with hamburgers on the grill.

7. When people come to my table, I always ask first whether there are any allergies/sensitivities/likes/dislikes I should keep in mind. If you came to my home, what would your answer be?

I really don't like oysters, mussels, etc. They are gross. And I don't really like the taste of lobster, either.

8. Do you consider yourself adventurous where unfamiliar food is concerned?

Pretty much, although I'm still thinking of that bowl of crickets.

9. What is your favourite meal of the day?

Probably dinner since it's the only one where usually everyone's home.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Well Kim, I don't think there is any thing left to ask, LOL! I would say every thing is about covered.
Do you like gardening?

I like the IDEA of gardening...but it's a lot of work, first with my hip replacement, then with the rheumatoid arthritis.

Which plants/flowers do you like to grow/ Do you like having a vegetable garden?

My great grandmother was a fabulous gardener. She grew strawberries, dahlias (prize winning!) snapdragons, carrots, beets, lettuce, beans, tomatoes, some sort of squash, and cucumbers. I totally loved her garden. She made the most amazing pickled beets. I would plant at least carrots, beets and beans.

I'm sorry I really couldn't think of any thing else, lol!

Well one more which is your favourite pet? (and by pet I mean cat, and remember who is asking you LOL!
) Just kidding this was only a funny trick question

Ha ha, of course my favorite cat is Smudge!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
It´s me again!...
...., how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
....I can see that someone had done their home work!...
..... let see for now
…Ready for another set?....
...The topic of now is of General stuffs around you life...

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

6.- Are you Religious?

7.- Favourite Salad?

8.- favourite pop soda?

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise
or Sunset and tell us why......
10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

Have a nice afternoon my friend!....

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Do you have any phobias?

I'm really, really afraid to fly. I have to be medicated.

2. What is your favorite element from the periodic table?

Mo (Molybdenum) I just love saying that word!

3. Have you had any embarrassing moments? Which was the most embarrassing?

Well, pretty much any time I go out to eat I spill my drink.
um, yeah.

4. What makes you happy?

Sleeping in, LOL. Doesn't happen too often with the kitties, kids, and dogs.

5. Do you have a favorite online game?

Does Animal Crossing on the wii count? You sort of go online and visit people. I'm addicted.

6. Is there a type of food that you don't like?

Oysters, Clams, and all that slimy stuff.

7. What piece of furniture is your favorite?

My waterbed!

8. What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own?

I have a (fake) white fur vest that has running horses sort of inlaid into the fur, and it has a bunch of rhinestones all along the zipper.

9. What is the best advice anyone has given you?

Don't go to bed angry.

10. If you had a themesong, which would it be?

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!

11. List one accomplishment you're proud of!

Well, it's kind of an odd accomplishment - I'm the youngest woman as far as I know, to bag a Dall ram in the Wrangell Mountains in Alaska. (16 when I did it.)

12. Do you have any recurring dreams?

I have recurring dreams of watching a plane crash from the ground, (see no. 1, LOL) and also I have a recurring dream of going off a cliff in a car. Bleah. Why can't recurring dreams be NICE?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Hi
It´s me again!...
...., how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
....I can see that someone had done their home work!...
..... let see for now
…Ready for another set?....
...The topic of now is of General stuffs around you life...
1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)

I'm not very crazy. I do get up with a bunch of other adults and ride horses in drill team every week.

2.- Do you have indor plants at home?

Unfortunately, I tend to kill plants, so I've decided not to torture any more by putting them in my house.

3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

I think I would like to meet Homer and find out if all those stories are really true (the Iliad, the Odyssey, etc.)

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....

I don't think I would like to move, but I would like to travel to Scotland (where my grandfather was from)

5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

I hate when people lie. About anything. It's just so pointless

6.- Are you Religious?

Yes, although not so good at going to church. We are Catholic.

7.- Favourite Salad?

It's one I make myself with leaf lettuce, red onion, cashews, cream cheese, and the dressing has olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard, pepper, and ground celery seed.

8.- favourite pop soda?

Don't drink pop all that much, but usually diet Coke.

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise
or Sunset and tell us why......

Probably sunrise. It means I've got stuff to do that day, and I won't waste it by sleeping in!

10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

I have a Jeep 4 wheel drive.

Have a nice afternoon my friend!....

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I think I would like to meet Homer and find out if all those stories are really true (the Iliad, the Odyssey, etc.)
nice answer!...that would be terrific to know at the cyclops!..
or Medussa!..

1. What's your favorite hobby?...

2. What's one trait you hate about yourself?....

3. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:….

4. What do you read in the bathroom?....

5. Current worry right now?....

6. Hight heels or low heels are you wearing right now?....

7. Favorite place to be on weekends?....

8. Where would you like to go?.....

9. What´s your Favourite pop soda….

10. What colour shirt or blouse are you wearing right now?....

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

If you could relive one day in your life...which would it be and why?
Wow, that one's really hard. Could I go back and change it? LOL.

I guess maybe the first day hubby said he loved me. That was a really nice day!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

nice answer!...that would be terrific to know at the cyclops!..
or Medussa!..
OK, this is my last day, so I've got to answer and find someone to take my place!

1. What's your favorite hobby?...

Probably reading.

2. What's one trait you hate about yourself?....

I'm a really bad procrastinator.

3. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:….

Why did I sleep in so late? My house is a mess. Crud I have to go back to work tomorrow.

4. What do you read in the bathroom?....

Are you kidding? I read EVERYWHERE!!!

5. Current worry right now?....

I'm highlighting my hair and I'm worried it'll look like crap!

6. Hight heels or low heels are you wearing right now?....

Because of my hip surgeries, I can only wear low heels.

7. Favorite place to be on weekends?....

Watching my kids ride horses.

8. Where would you like to go?.....

Um...right now? To visit my son's horse that he's training.

9. What´s your Favourite pop soda….

Diet Coke or Diet Sprite

10. What colour shirt or blouse are you wearing right now?....

Ha ha, I'm in my pjs (still) They are black velvety like with a leopard collar and cuffs!

Thanks everyone! It's been fun!