***Spotlight Member of the Week*** CarolPetunia!!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol. To shout someone to something is to give them a treat. Which means i would be paying for your lunch

I would've thought you'd like a veggie burger, are they too bland? There's no meat

Omg those little hooks are so cute! Thanks

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ok, finished preparing tomorrow's post for the cat blog and I have one -

How did you come up with those names for your kitties?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your home work my friend...

Originally Posted by CoolCat

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Have you ever been out of the country?
Where else have you lived?
Have you ever been to California? If so, where have you been?
If you could come back as an animal, what would you want to be?
What are your favorite foods?
How did you obtain your kitties?
Originally Posted by Anne

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like the questions you ask, so I'm throwing some of them back at ya.

1. What is your earliest memory?

2. What fictional character in movies or television is most like you?

3. What's the best advice anyone ever gave you?

4. How would you like your life to be different a year from now? Five years from now?

Your friend (me) wants you to pick a nickname from those below. Which name do you pick?

Miss Handle
Miss Deed
Miss Like
Miss Adventure
Miss Alliance
Miss Apprehension
Miss Behave
Miss Begotten
Miss Direct
Miss Chievous
Miss Construe
Miss Match
Miss Anthrope
Miss Fit
Miss Fortune
Miss Nomer

or another "Miss" of your own choosing?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to disappear like that! I got so sick night before last -- I was essentially nonfunctional through the night. I felt well enough by noon yesterday to take my mom out for her birthday, but then in the evening, it knocked me right back down.

This morning, I finally put two and two together and checked my blood sugar. Even though I hadn't eaten in about 14 hours, it was almost 500 -- so I hate to even think of how high it must have been after dinner last night! (It's supposed to under 140.) I think I must have been on the verge of a diabetic coma.

All I can figure is that my system is confused by all the changes since my gastric-band surgery back in February. I've lost over 30 pounds... I'm walking between 1.5 and 3 miles per day... and in trying to find ways to get enough protein, I've become really erratic in my eating habits. Maybe that's behind this.

So I really apologize for vanishing, and in just a minute, I'll get caught up on this thread!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay! Up next, we have the traditional CoolCat Film Festival:

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
I love adventure movies with some smarts behind 'em -- like the "National Treasure" movies, the Indiana Jones movies, some of the films made of John Grisham novels (especially "Runaway Jury!")... "Master and Commander"... "The Rock"... "Air Force One"... "A Few Good Men"... almost anything written by David Mamet or directed by Jerry Bruckheimer. I love it when a movie takes me someplace completely outside my personal experience.

2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

I have about 200 VHS tapes that I painstakingly recorded back in the days when we had no idea that almost anything ever filmed or broadcast would someday be available two-for-five-dollars at Wal-Mart.
But I only have about 40 DVDs, and that's counting the ones my mom and I share!

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
I identify very strongly with Tom Hanks. I love him onscreen, I love what he's chosen to do as a producer, I admire his personal and political principles... and "That Thing You Do" is a movie I would have written if only I were that talented.

I guess I'm "proud" of Tom Hanks as an honorable representative of my generation, the same way my parents were proud of Jimmy Stewart, y'know? Easy choice there... but I should mention how much I like Nicolas Cage and Kevin Costner and Denzel Washington and Paul Newman and Harrison Ford and Chris Cooper and Don Cheadle and George Clooney, too.

4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
This one is more difficult... but I really admire Laura Linney. I adore Diane Keaton. I like Kathy Bates, Cate Blanchett, early Meg Ryan, Queen Latifah, Julia Roberts... but overall, I guess it comes down to... Renee Zelweger!

5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
Long ago when I had money, I used to go to plays a lot. I saw Leslie Neilsen in "Sleuth," Rex Harrison in "Camelot," Leonard Nimoy in "Caligula"... many others. How I miss doing that!

6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)
I met Tim Curry in a gift shop at LAX! I wouldn't even have noticed, but my friend Ray Anne was with me, and she recognized him. I'm oblivious to these things.

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?
Oh gosh yes! I just love it! And the best part is the people who win for independent films or technical awards -- people unaccustomed to public speaking who come up there and pour their hearts out to the world. I get all teary-eyed over how proud they must feel.

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …
Oh yes, I was a Choir-and-Drama kid in school. I student-directed "Camelot" and played Cassandra (the mad prophetess) in "The Trojan Women." And in the most appalling bit of miscasting in the history of the stage, I starred as an ignorant backwoods teenager pregnant with the bat-like child of a witch-boy in "Dark Of The Moon," one of the worst plays ever written.

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...
Paul Newman! Just because I like him so much, and admire his charitable way of life, and I bet he'd be a lot of fun to talk with.

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)

Sure -- I'd like to live next door to anybody who lives on the beach in Malibu.

And now, from Catkiki:

Have you ever been out of the country?
We were stationed in Germany when I was a kid... and I've also been to Newfoundland, England, Ireland, and Scotland. I wish I could travel everywhere!

Where else have you lived?
Washington state (Camp Hanford), California (Fort Ord), Oklahoma (Fort Sill), Kansas (Fort Leavenworth), Ohio (Findlay), Washington DC, and Germany (Geissen and Stuttgart). Not nearly enough places for me!

Have you ever been to California? If so, where have you been?
I was only a toddler at Fort Ord, so I don't really remember it... but during the '90s, I took three business/pleasure trips to LA and one to San Francisco and points north... and I fell so in love with California!
I love the way it's just bursting with life!

I've been all over Beverly Hills and Malibu, got those absolutely wired!
And I've been down to Long Beach to see the Queen Mary and the Spruce Goose (which has since been removed, so I'm glad I had the chance!). And I drove from San Francisco to Seattle and back -- north by the inland route, through the blazing central valley and the amazing landscape of southern Oregon, and then back southward by the coast road, through Portland and all those funky little coastal towns in Northern California... including Mendocino, which I loved so much that I actually thought about looking into the (probably nonexistent) job market while I was there! I ran out of money and didn't get to do much in San Francisco -- but I did go to Alcatraz, and it was spectacular! I
California!

If you could come back as an animal, what would you want to be?
Well... assuming I'm still me inside, I'd probably be... well, flying is hard to resist. I think I might like to be a beautiful white crane.

What are your favorite foods?
Corn and cheese and berries of all kinds and bread and pizza and peaches!

How did you obtain your kitties?
I reached a point about six years ago when I'd just plain had it with human beings! I couldn't have any pets where I was living, but I knew I needed to spend some time around animals, so I started volunteering at a no-kill shelter.

I happened to be there one day when they brought out a litter of four beautiful boy kittens, and I fell in love with the whole family... but over the next two weeks, one particular little guy captured my heart. He slept in my arms like a baby, stretched up to give me nosekisses... what was I supposed to do?
I moved and changed my whole life so I could take Clyde home, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. As I like to say, if Clyde were just a little taller, I'd marry him.

I knew I wanted to get Clyde a companion, but I was expecting to find her at the shelter... so I was totally surprised when she turned up at an SPCA event at a PetSmart one day. My mom was the one who found her... and I thank goodness she did! Pearl is the best little friend I've ever had.

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Lol. To shout someone to something is to give them a treat. Which means i would be paying for your lunch

I would've thought you'd like a veggie burger, are they too bland? There's no meat
Ah, thank you for the education in Aussie slang. And thank you for lunch, too! About veggie burgers -- the thing is, they're meant to resemble meat, and meat is something I never liked in the first place. Meat is icky to me, y'know? So fake meat is icky, too.

But you can shout me a nice green salad!

Originally Posted by Anne

Ok, finished preparing tomorrow's post for the cat blog and I have one -

Clyde is my father's middle name, and Lee was the first name of his grandfather and of our ancestor who helped draft the 14th Amendment. I think my father was pleased that I named Clyde after him... but I'm sure we both wished I'd had a child to do that honor to.

Pearl is a name I've always loved, and also the first name of a wonderful woman who was our babysitter in Oklahoma in the '60s, with whom we stayed in touch until her death about five years ago. And Noelle is the feminine version of my brother Noel's name.

My father and I came up with Dylan Ishmael -- from Bob Dylan and Dylan Thomas ("Do not go gentle into that good night / Rage, rage against the dying of the light" is a quote my father and I both loved), and from Moby-Dick ("Call me Ishmael," one of the great opening lines in literature).

Sassy Lane is entirely my mom's device -- Sassy comes from the cat in "Homeward Bound," and Lane is mom's maiden name. Mom also likes to call her "Classy Sassy Lassie."

Abby Helen comes from Mom's grandmother's name (Abby) and my mother's middle name, Helen, which was also her mother's first name and her youngest sister's name. We chose Abby because the black splotch on Abby's head (precisely the same as her son Clydie's) looks just like great-grandma's hairdo!

And St. John Dundee is named after another red tabby we knew long ago in Austin, a swaggering young tom who rambled through the neighborhood and befriended my brother... who started calling him St. John for reasons he no longer remembers. And Dundee is my contribution, after the famous Scottish orange marmalade my father loved, which is the same color as St. John's gorgeous fur.

Now SwampWitch, bless her diabolical heart, is turning some of my own questions on me!

1. What is your earliest memory?
There are so many vague impressions that may have come from seeing home movies and hearing stories from family members... but I think the earliest thing I'm really sure is a memory must have been:

Visiting my maternal grandparents's house in Ohio just before we went over to Germany. I would have been about 2 1/2 years old, and I remember having to really struggle to climb up into the big old spindle bed in the upstairs room of their house. And the reason I remember that so clearly is that, when we came back from Germany three years later, I found the bed much shorter than I remembered -- and I asked my grandfather why he had cut the legs off of it!

2. What fictional character in movies or television is most like you?
Well... I'm not a mother, and being a mom is a big part of this character... but aside from that, I identify a lot with the character Renee Zellweger played in "Jerry Maguire." But also... remember Holly Hunter in "Broadcast News?" I'm a lot like her too, come to think of it!

3. What's the best advice anyone ever gave you?
During my sophomore year in high school, the hero of the choir and drama departments was a senior named Tony Garcia. I probably didn't exchange more than a hundred words with him the whole year, because he was a superstar, and I was extremely shy. But at the end of the year, he signed my yearbook with this:

You are a very lovely girl,
but you need to learn that
sometimes you do things
just because they're fun.
It was exactly what I needed to learn -- I was so serious and intense and terrified of everything. Tony did me a great service with those few words.

4. How would you like your life to be different a year from now? Five years from now?
Within one year, I'd like to have found a manageable, sustainable way of making a comfortable living for myself and my mom, so we don't have to give up the house.

Within five years... oh, I would so love to be attached by then! To have one last chance at a good, loving relationship! I feel much more capable of being good for somebody now than I ever have in my life.

Your friend (me) wants you to pick a nickname from those below. Which name do you pick?

Miss Handle
Miss Deed
Miss Like
Miss Adventure
Miss Alliance
Miss Apprehension
Miss Behave
Miss Begotten
Miss Direct
Miss Chievous
Miss Construe
Miss Match
Miss Anthrope
Miss Fit
Miss Fortune
Miss Nomer

or another "Miss" of your own choosing?

Miss Adventure!

Originally Posted by CoolCat

Another question..

did you choose right now at the next victim?... the announcement would be on 06-09-08...
Yessir, I do have someone in mind -- but I have to do some research and make sure this person hasn't done it already!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! Anne, I just now caught on that you've got my handsome Clydie in your blog this week!
What a lovely honor for my darlin' boy... thank you so much!

And you have quite correctly noted all six of our cats as being mine. At one time, only Pearl and Clyde were my babies, and the other four belonged to my folks... but since I moved in here permanently a couple of years back, it's really all one big furfamily.

So I'm going to edit that last post of mine to cover all our kitties -- not just the two who consider me theirs!