Spotlight member of the week 02/13/09 - 02/20/09 Snake_Lady

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Here are a few for you.The theme is (mostly) desert island, i.e. suppose you were stranded on one... and don't worry about the technology to support your choices, that will be taken care of...

1. What would be your five Desert Island CDs? They don't need to come from your own collection. Why would you choose these particular ones?

hmmmm. Tough one. I would chose 5 of my mixed cd's if I could. I like a variety of music. If I couldn't chose those, I think it would be: Reba McEntire (collection), Garth Brooks (The Pink CD), Nickelback, Avril Lavigne and KISS.

2. You might also want some reading material. What would be your five Desert Island books? Why?

When Rabbit Howls (love this book and could read it many times) Stephen King's Desperation and The Dark Half (another 2 books that I could read over and over), an Encyclopedia of some sorts (so I could educate my brain) and Danielle Steel's book about Vietnam, I forget the title but it was a good book. With these choices I would have something different to read depending on my mood.

3. What else would you like to have with you to occupy your time and your mind?

Definately a pen and paper to write a journal, random thoughts, etc. A puzzle book of assorted types of puzzles. A deck of cards. Computer with internet if I can choose that.

4. Food might be a challenge. If you could have only two or three foods and nothing else, what would you choose? Why?

Toughie. Meal Replacement drinks for sure. (all the nutrition I need that I wouldn't be able to get with just 2 or 3 foods) Cheese and bread. I love cheese... cheese sandwiches are yummy. These foods would give me the nutrition I need, plus I'd have the cheese and bread for snacks. I could toast the bread over a fire, and have it as a snack.

5. If you could have one human companion, who would that be? Why?

This is the hardest one yet. I'm at a toss up between my oldest daughter, my husband and my mom. My oldest daughter because she's young and healthy, energetic, would enjoy spending time wandering through the island and seeing what critters we could find, and I can talk to her about alot of things. My husband because he's smart, and could help build things to have shelter and protection, I can talk to him about everything and have ummm adult time
. My mom, because she is my best friend.

The only prob with my DH and my mom... if we spend long periods of time together without a break, we tend to bicker. My DD, we do not bicker as much, but I'd lack the adult companionship. Tough tough answer. Probally would chose my daughter (not the younger one because she gets "bored" way too easily, and would be grumpy).

This one is not part of the theme:

6. If you came into a large sum of money -- an unexpected inheritance, a winning, whatever, but "set-you-up-for-life" big -- what would be the first four things you would do?

1. Pay off our debt. 2. Pay off my mom's debt 3. Put some money away into schooling for my DD's, and retirement for me and hubby. 4. Take a trip across the country, all 4 of us + a nanny so DH and I can have time away from the kids when we needed it.
Those were some thinking questions

I wonder who learns more from all the questions. Me learning more about me, or ya'll learning more about me. Either way, its worth it

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Very well Mademoiselle!
for your answer at my questions y let me see for now ..The Topic of now would be Music

Fun stuff. I love music.

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

Right now it would be Pop-Rock... it varies depending on my mood.

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

ummm. Probally about 100 or so.

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

Garth Brooks for sure.

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?

Reba McEntire (country)

5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

No I haven't, but I will give it a listen to.

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

Yup, I have most of Reba McEntires CD's, and most of Garth Brooks.

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

I got to see Reba in concert when I was 18 or so. We had bad seats, but it was still good.

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,….
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx )

Never listened to that one. I listen to http://www.1031freshfm.com/home/default.aspx quite a bit.

9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

I like a mix of different types of music... some country, some Pop, some rock.

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?
…

I used to play piano when I was younger. Just for fun. I didn't have lessons or anything like that. I would love to learn guitar (not electric tho) and play folk type of music.

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...
I thank you for the questions

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Ssssssneaky!
1) What's your favorite food?
2) Do you like to cook?
3) What is your kitties favorite food?

4) What is your snakes favorite food?
1) Pasta mmmmmmmm. Love nachos too
Messy finger food is fun.
2) Yuppers

3) Treats LOL.... aside from that, he likes TOTW food. He doesn't like wet

4)
Mice for some, rats for others, and rabbits for the bigger guys. I do have a couple picky snakes, that will only eat one food... but most will eat either mice or rats.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. What things do you like to add into your pasta? (bacon, onions)

2. Do you watch Basketball?

3. Do you prefer the Beatles or the Eagles?

I'm finding it hard thinking of Q today

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

1. What things do you like to add into your pasta? (bacon, onions)

2. Do you watch Basketball?

3. Do you prefer the Beatles or the Eagles?

I'm finding it hard thinking of Q today
1.Mushrooms and cheese are a nessecity in my pastas. YUMMMMM. Aside from those two, I love onions and garlic. Chicken, spinach and parmasean cheese is good too.

Thx Sam, now I'm hungry for some chicken alfredo with mushrooms and spinach.

2. Nope. I don't watch any sports. I would prefer to play them.

3. Eagles. I like a few songs by the Beetles, but slightly more by the Eagles. Neither are my favs tho.

I'm here all week, so take your time thinking of questions

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for today
…The topic of today going to be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…

Cheers my friend…

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello dear....

1- If you had one do over, what would it be?
2- Tell us something about yourself you never told anybody.
3- You have two daughters... Is the feeling for the second child any different that the feeling for the first one?
4- Which ones of your kids are most like yourself? And why?
5- What do you like the most about yourself?
6- What don't you like about yourself?
7- Are you impulsive?
8- Have you ever had a true friendship end, and did nothing to get it back out of pride?

Well....... I will stop here

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi
how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for today
…The topic of today going to be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?

I like action/thrillers

2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

I have both. Alot of kids movies are VHS. I don't buy VHS anymore. I probally have 50 or so, and then about 50 DVD's.

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?

Sean Connery oh yahhhhhh

4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?

Angelina Jolie...gorgeous gorgeous

5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?

no I haven't

6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

nope. I've never seen anyone famous.

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

Yes, but I don't have to watch them... I will if there's nothing else going on. I like to watch the Grammy's more.

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

In school, we always had to do concerts/plays at Christmas.... that's bout it.

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

I'm not sure if you mean music artist, or movie star. I will go with movie star... I'd like to meet Sean Connery, and Robert DeNiro. Both are great actors, and good looking LOL

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…
…

No way. I think I would have no privacy then and it would be noisy too.

Cheers my friend…
Cheers to you my friend, I hope you are having a great weekend

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Hello dear....

ackkkkkk. Payback eh?

1- If you had one do over, what would it be?

I would not have teased people when I was younger

2- Tell us something about yourself you never told anybody.

There is nothing I can think of that I haven't told anyone, I am very open...but... one thing I don't tell many people. I was the school bully when I was younger. My goal was to send others home crying. I was very very mean. It is not something I am proud of, but it has helped me in dealing with my older daughter who is teased sometimes at school. From my experience I can tell her that people who don't like themselves, make fun of others to make them feel better about themselves.

3- You have two daughters... Is the feeling for the second child any different that the feeling for the first one?

Somewhat, but I think it is because she's not only my second, but she is my last. So I do baby her to some degree. Both my girls have different personalities, I love them both the same but am emotionally attached to them in different ways. Kendra, my oldest, I have a very strong bond with her. During my pregnancy, her father would tell me to give her up for adoption. I thought he would change his mind. When she was 2.5mos old he gave me an ultimatium. Give her up for adoption or he was leaving me. Him or her. I chose her.

My second daughter, I had a natural birth (no meds) I breastfed for longer, she is my baby, my last child. That's where the strong emotional bond comes from.

So yah, as I'm writing this, I've come to realise that yes the feelings are different with each child because each is a unique person, and unique circumstances surrounding birth and their personalities.
I will finish the rest of the questions tomorrow. DH is calling for bedtime.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you gave me the biggest laugh of my day.... yep, pay back!!!!

You are awesome - I hope to meet you soon!!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4- Which ones of your kids are most like yourself? And why?

My older daughter for sure. She is sensitive, and very emotional, as I was but thankfully in a better way than I.

5- What do you like the most about yourself?

My ability to relate to almost anyone because of my past or present experiences. I changed alot when I had children, and it made me a way better person than I was.

6- What don't you like about yourself?

My tummy....Birthing an 11lb baby sure stretched the life outta my tummy. My very negative self image. Lastly (for this list anyways) my ability to go from calm to spaz in 0.5sec. I'd like to slow that down a bit to give people time to run

7- Are you impulsive?

Sometimes, but not usually.

8- Have you ever had a true friendship end, and did nothing to get it back out of pride?

Nope. Lost my husband that way once. He was the first person I dated after my ex left me. My ex decided he wanted to come back, so I dropped my hubby and did it very bluntly... no reasoning, I just said I couldn't see him anymore. The ex came back, then left again the next day. Pride prevented me from calling him. We started talking again a couple years later when we happened upon each other again.

Originally Posted by carolinalima

you gave me the biggest laugh of my day.... yep, pay back!!!!

You are awesome - I hope to meet you soon!!!
Your welcome and

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Do you like the 'Naked Chef'

2. Have you ever seen the show the 'F' word?

3. What time is it at your house while you answer my questions

4. Do you know what a jandal is?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1. Do you like the 'Naked Chef'

I actually have not watched that one.

2. Have you ever seen the show the 'F' word?

LOVE it... Love Hell's Kitchen too.

3. What time is it at your house while you answer my questions

When you posted, it was 8:15am Sat. morning. I'm doing my morning browse

no clue whatsoever. Is it gonna make me blush?
off to google now.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Google is telling me it is a sandal. Is that right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jandal

I cannot wear those at all. I can't stand anything betweeen my toes, or really flip floppity shoes.

My sandals are sporty, with two bands across the foot and one across the heal. Leathermade, with a very thick sole. I bought em on clearance
But I don't know if they will last the summer

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Google is telling me it is a sandal. Is that right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jandal

I cannot wear those at all. I can't stand anything betweeen my toes, or really flip floppity shoes.

My sandals are sporty, with two bands across the foot and one across the heal. Leathermade, with a very thick sole. I bought em on clearance
But I don't know if they will last the summer
Yeah the Aussies call them thongs! but that's a shoe lace stuck in your butt here [g string]

I hope they do last the summer - I feel ripped off (and hate) buying new shoes!

Ok some shoe Q's then...on that note.

1. Do you have the ugly shoes over there when you go 10 pin Bowling?

2. Do you own high heels? is so, how many pairs?

3. Do you wear slippers?

4. Do you live near the beach? [Sorta not a shoe Q]

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah the Aussies call them thongs! but that's a shoe lace stuck in your butt here [g string]
Yup, we have thongs and g-strings here, but those sandals are generally called "flip flops". They are cheap too, my one daughter loves them.

I hope they do last the summer - I feel ripped off (and hate) buying new shoes!
Me too
I despise buying shoes because of my back problems I need to watch what shoes I wear. I lucked out with these sandals...they are so comfy but have only lasted 2summers. The sole on the bottom has split from side to side on both, and glue won't help cuz its in that area that you normally bend when you walk (behind your toes)

Ok some shoe Q's then...on that note.

1. Do you have the ugly shoes over there when you go 10 pin Bowling?

Blechhhhh. Yes we do.

2. Do you own high heels? is so, how many pairs?

I don't have high heels persay, I buy the thick clunky type of platform type shoes/boots. You know, the ones with like a 3-4" wedge, thick heel, then just a little shorter in the front? I cannot wear the traditional highheels.

I have bout 10 different pairs of these... some are ankle boots, 1pr of calf height boots, etc. All are black... one pair of sandals like this (they were actually my wedding shoes)

3. Do you wear slippers?

Sometimes. Nothing fancy, they look like a man's slipper with a hard sole on them.

4. Do you live near the beach? [Sorta not a shoe Q]

I'm about an hour drive from the nearest beach. Not too bad.
PS. What time/day is it when you are posting?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
It´s me again!...
....,well,...well,...well,...I can see that someone had done their home work!...
..... let see for now
…Ready for another set?....
...The topic of now is of General stuffs around you life...

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

6.- Are you Religious?

7.- Favourite Salad?

8.- favourite pop soda?

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise
or Sunset and tell us why......
10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

Have a nice "CAT"-urday my friend!....

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)

I haven't really done anything too crazy. When I was young and stupid, we use to go up on a bridge over the river where the train would cross, and sit along side of it, wait for a train to go by to feel the rumble. Yup, silly and stupid.

2.- Do you have indor plants at home?

Yup I have a few. Less since my kitty came. I got rid of the poisonous ones. I love plants, love gardening.

3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

tough one because I'm not interested in history too much. I would probally like to meet Jesus.... to understand some things and learn the truth about how we came to be.

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....

hmmmm. Another tough one. I would like to move somewhere that the weather is stable and generally warm and dry... no humidity, but not too hot. That would help me with alot of pain issues that I have from weather changes, humidity, etc. Arizona perhaps.

5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

oh wow, there are lots of things that bug me. People who are 2 faced. People who have mixed priorities (ex. a girl I know, was crying because she didn't have money to buy Christmas gifts for her 3 kids... I gave her some of my kids toys because I felt bad.. UNTIL I discovered that she went out partying 3 weekends in a row where she had to pay a babysitter, gas money, and booze money. All the while she is whining about being poor and not being able to buy for her kids, buy food, etc.

Fake people. Those who act like something they are not.
Material people. The ones who judge you based on how much money you have, the clothes you wear, etc. I had that when I moved in here. When we were building, one lady came up to me and asked how much our house cost. Now, I don't mind telling people IF they are curious or whatever. But she was clearly judging me based on my house... she proceeded to tell me how much each house on the street was, which was the most expensive, etc. and again asked rudely how much mine was. I politely told her it was none of her business. (she was nosey cuz our house is different than most of the houses on the street, and it is a little more expensive as well) She proceeded to glare at me, shake her head and the like because I dress in secondhand clothes, and have an expensive house (for the area) plus I have tattoos and can often be seen with a reptile. Ugggggggg. My thoughts, if you want to judge me, judge me because of something I've done... NOT because of how I look. She's a mean snobby woman, with the rudest kids I have ever met.

But its mainly people who whine about no money for basic needs, but then they go out and party. I was a single mom on welfare, I never partied and all my money went towards bills and my children... not fun stuff for me.

6.- Are you Religious?

No. I believe in fate. But as far as Religion goes, I am up in the air. I was baptised Roman Catholic, but in no way do I agree with that religion. The closest I've come to agreeing with a religion is my neighbour, he is a United Church Minister, and a great guy. He and I have had many discussions, and he doesn't push anything on anyone. Any discussions we've had, have been started by me. Another good friend is Christian, and we've also had some good discussions.

7.- Favourite Salad?

I like a mixed greens salad, with chicken. But my all time favorite salad is a good Ceasar Salad.

8.- favourite pop soda?

I like diet "white" pops. Gingerale, sprite, etc. Occassionally I drink diet Dr.Pepper (but that is the only dark pop I like) Diet Crush is pretty good too.

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise
or Sunset and tell us why......

Definately a sunset. I am NOT a morning person. Nothing beats sitting outside with an adult beverage, relaxing and watching the sky changing colours as the sun sets. Beautiful.

10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

I have a truck. 2007 Dodge Ram 1500, quad cab, short box, navy blue. LOVE it. She was my wedding present from my husband

Have a nice "CAT"-urday my friend!....
Have a nice caturday to you as well.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
..I hate at the people that gives other prioritys at their own family...

How can buy Booze instead food for the family....

how many arms do you have Chris?...
you write so fast!

Ready for another set?..

1. What's your favorite hobby?...

2. What's one trait you hate about yourself?....

3. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:….

4. What do you read in the bathroom?....

5. Current worry right now?....

6. Hight heels or low heels are you wearing right now?....

7. Favorite place to be on weekends?....

8. Where would you like to go?.....

9. What´s your Favourite pop soda….

10. What colour shirt or blouse are you wearing right now?....