Spot on cornea

derekthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My ginger cat Derek has a small reddish brown fleck in his cornea. Not on the iris- it’s suspended in the clear part (you can see the shadow on the iris) I thought it might be a scratch or foreign body but it’s been there for a week. It moves with his eye. (Not floating around on the surface). Obviously I will go to the vet but wondered if anyone knew what it was? He’s not in any distress but the eye is a little watery.
A4DC8B1B-9816-4DA5-9BC1-0AC3D9443FA7.jpeg
CE0328A3-45E0-4F4C-A0CD-06FCAE2D346D.jpeg

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's a good thing you're taking him in to see the Vet. This could be Iris Melanosis, sometimes called Eye Freckles, OR Iris Melanoma. Your Vet may send you to an animal opthamologist for further testing. Hope for Eye Freckle rather than the other :crossfingers: That's probably what it is...much more common

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

derekthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks both, but it’s not on his iris (the coloured bit) It’s on the outside of the cornea (the transparent bit). Bit of a mystery. Hopefully see vet tomorrow.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks both, but it’s not on his iris (the coloured bit) It’s on the outside of the cornea (the transparent bit). Bit of a mystery. Hopefully see vet tomorrow.
The article I provided above discusses that very aspect - spots that are on the cornea NOT the iris - that is why I thought it might apply. But, at any rate, please let us know what the vet says! Keeping fingers crossed it is nothing serious! :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers: