Spooked or just really PO'd with me

rach&olly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As some of you may already know we have a 4 months old male ginger cat Olly! He is absolutly mad loves playing a little too much sometimes but is a big softy lap cat of an evening,

weve had him since he was 12 weeks old ever since then i have worked only 4 hours a day untill this week i have been out the house from 8.30- 4pm. Day one he seemed fine we got home i fed him gave him lots of fuss . Day two he seemed really scatty like he was spooked his ears constantly drawn back when he came to sit on my lap and i went to give him fuss he just couldnt seem to relax and in the end went to nip me. Day 3 much the same ears back constantly looking around cant seem to settle.

Could something have spooked him while i havent been there or is he just really really pissed off with me for leaving and hes showing me his annoyance,

Also he has started when he sits on my lap hes a big cat for 4 months and fills my lap if i go to get him off he will whip his head back and go to nip me so when i ouch and go to get him off he will do it again how he hasnt caught me yet i dont know?? How do you ge tyour cats down from your lap without being attacked?

Also as im walkking say from the living room to the kitchen he will attack my legs grabbing them with his paws and going to nip me??
?
he is in to be neutered 4th of jan. Is thiss just typical tom cat behaviour?

thank you in advaance for your replies you have been a great help in the past look forward to reading what you guys think.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does sound like something the neutering will help. If he's big, he may be a little more sexually mature than most 4 mos old kittens.

Another thought, especially about the nipping when he's in your lap, is that he's getting overstimulated. He may be so excited and then when you begin to pet him it pushes him over the edge and he will nip. I have a former feral that does this, probably because he wasn't properly socialized.

Hopefully someone else will be along shortly with some other suggestions. I am by no means an expert.

Cally

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When he bites you, when he's on your lap, are you patting him constantly? It might be because your overwhelming him.
Lynxx
could only take so much patting then he'd bite us. Luna will run away if we pat her to much. Midnight, I can never pat him enough.

As for biting your legs when you walk, and tripping you. He could be playing?
Lynxx
used to do that, especially at night when I got up to use the bathroom, and couldn't see where I was going. He'd go right for my ankles. It was a game to him.