Spoiled kitties

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How spoiled is your cat? Mine gets part of the covers and sometimes 48% of the bed

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lol, pan fried barramundi or whiting once a week!  He knows it when we come home from market...he tracks it to the fridge, if we have frozen and defrosted he will take the bag from the bench and run off with it, he smooches 'daddy' all day until dinnertime then sits on a ledge watching it cook, the urgent meows start when it goes into the fridge to cool it for a couple minutes.  And then it is served.  And then he relaxes into a food coma!!!

He eats better than we do, no kidding.

pangurban

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
tammyp - That is one loved kitty!

Ours are as spoiled as I can be with them and a dozen more times spoiled than any of the cats I grew up having.

We've given them the beautiful raised bay window in our apartment for their beds/toys/bird watching.

I feed them moist kibble in the morning and canned every night in addition to their dry kibble. They get meat scraps once a week or so.

If they are in the way when we go to close door or cabinet we wait for them to finish investigating instead of 'shooing' them.

I spread out all their tunnels/tipis/scratchers/big toys around the living room every night so they can make a playground of it while we all sleep. If they take a ball into the tub to bat around in the middle of the night we do our best to ignore it and let them play (BUT if it goes on more than 5 mins or so DH will take the ball away
).

I have cleared off about all raised surfaces and a shelf on the bookshelf next to our computer desk so that they can be up wherever they want in addition to their 6' cat tree.

They can also be on or sleep wherever they please. No bed, chair, table, or counter surface is off limits unless there is people food on it.

Last edited:

malt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hehe, mine are as spoiled as I can make them! 

In just 4 months, Mama cat has gone from refusing to come within 2 metres of humans and hissing at everyone to demanding love from everyone she sees. And if she sees her baby getting attention, she will shamelessly push in. She got used to being a well-loved house pet very quickly! They have food constantly available and also get offcuts of my roommate's bacon and steaks. 

They own pretty much every soft surface in the house, and the living room is gradually filling up with cat toys. Including the pièce de résistance - the cat tree. 3 levels, including 3 scratching posts, 2 sleeping boxes, a 5-foot-high viewing platform, loads of soft carpet, ladders for ease of access, and a cat hammock. I hand-built it, confident that I could make something better and sturdier than was availble in shops for a lower price. I was so right. It's fantastic, they love it. Edit - they also have full ownership of my couch, and don't get told off for clawing it, which they do pretty much constantly. I try to discourage them from clawing my roommate's couches though... they've learned to do it only when I'm not looking XD 

I'd say they did well for a couple of cats that started off as abandoned by abusive owners. Spoiled is one word for them, yeah. 

Last edited:

pisces7386

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My baby Bear gets to ride around in the top of my bathrobe in the morning... I wrap him in and tie my belt tight. At 10 months and 13.5 lbs its not so easy to brush my teeth with him in tow (never mind everything else when getting ready in the morning), but he gets what he cries for, lol! All he has to do is cry and we drop everything for him :)

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My baby Bear gets to ride around in the top of my bathrobe in the morning... I wrap him in and tie my belt tight. At 10 months and 13.5 lbs its not so easy to brush my teeth with him in tow (never mind everything else when getting ready in the morning), but he gets what he cries for, lol! All he has to do is cry and we drop everything for him :)
One of our old members has/had a clingy kitten.  She used to carry him around in an old baby carrier.  The kind thats like a reversed backpack. 

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I told my husband we need a carrier for each of our cats and pack them around. Lol and a seatbelt so we can go on car rides lol.

THEY DID take over Louie's kennel. What is up with that? Never been in a kennel ever but they sure did take over Louie's. He goes in there when he is naughty or some nights there are just too many animals and he normally goes in... well he use to lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didnt mention that Buddy had to share with two grown adults. No surface is offlimits unless there is food or im cooking they have our table took over so we dont use it their toys are in their carriers till my dads dogs leave next weekend. My cats as soon as I can will have a $100 dollar scratching post. They get ahand full each of dry food and a can a day of wet food. Alot of people have said they eat better than them and the cats also get a few scraps here and there

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another example of spoiled kitties is getting to make me or my bf uncomfortable or taking our seats and meowing at us for asking (as in actually asking to have the set back)

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh and buddy the red tabby in the first pic above is currently 14 lbs and Tabby the torti or calico ( have still not ignited which one she is) is currently between 7 and 8 lbs

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tabby the one that's on my leg in the pic above we are her 3rd family that I know of and she runs right to the door and goes in if it is open she doesn't like the outdoors at all now that she has been with us