Split Personalities?

projectsyd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't mean to say my 5 month old kitten has a split personality in the usual sense. However she does act very different when she is at home vs. visitting her grandpaw. There are four other cats at Grandpaw's and she spends a lot of the time sleeping / playing with the other cats. But when she's at home she has so much energy we have her chasing a laser (her favourite toy she goes crazy for the machine as well as the light.) whenever we have the chance and she still is super hyper. My guess is the other cats she plays with at grandpaws and they tire her out which is why she's so chatty and energetic at home. We play with her for at least 2 hours a day.

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you have what is commonly referred to as.....a kitten.
Sounds like she's more comfortable ATM playing with you. Maybe over time she'll play more with cats the better she gets to know them.
My 1yo looks like a lunatic when she wants to play. Ears back, dilated pupils and on her toes read to pounce. So I guess Jeckle and Hyde probably pretty common.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

projectsyd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like you have what is commonly referred to as.....a kitten.
Sounds like she's more comfortable ATM playing with you. Maybe over time she'll play more with cats the better she gets to know them.
My 1yo looks like a lunatic when she wants to play. Ears back, dilated pupils and on her toes read to pounce. So I guess Jeckle and Hyde probably pretty common.
She actually prefers to play with the other cats when they're around. She is attached to our hips when we are at home though lol. Trying to figure out ways to use up all her energy

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My baby was a classic lunatic kitten too. She's calmed down a bit after her 1st birthday but she still has her hyper moments.

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My girl jumps and chases toys.
Also she can get a little pent up. So every once and s while she'll have a big kneading session into my arm and that settles her. So maybe get her some toys she can take some frustration out on.