spiteful cat? how do i break the bad behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

melbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the 5 kittens are 3 weeks old. the only other one who goes in the bedroom is my Oreo, and she helped Kitty deliver the kittens and she helps clean them and keeps them from leaving the nest. Morris doesnt go anywhere near the bedroom. He has already associated with his kittens and he doesnt really do anything except sniff at them and chirp.he doesnt really seem to pay any attention to them. Darlene is the only issue I have. Its to a point where if the owner doesnt get her soon, i will have to take her to a shelter. Id hate to do it, but its becoming a possible health hazard and i am so sick of having to clean up the huge piles of poo and puddles of pee every single day. its an all day everyday thing. I can no longer afford the extra $100+ a month in food for the cat. and i had to replace my bathroom linoleum and repaint and plaster the walls becuz she had sprayed and poo on them. and idk why out of 4 litter boxes, she refuses to use one. i have repeatedly contacted the owner and said she needs to get her cat. and i told her what her cat has been doing and she says that her cat doesnt go anywhere but the litter box. i took videos of darlene in the act of making messes and also trying to start fights with mine. my cats were in the home long before darlene was. i told my bf to do something about it but im the one stuck with full responsibility. as of today, darlene is not allowed in the house. she sprayed all over my sectional couch and left about a dozen poo piles and pee puddles all over the place while i was sleeping. i woke up to the messes. my bf swears it wasnt darlene but he has witnessed her do it too. she not once has ever used the litter box since we have had her. Ive never been so frustrated with an animal. ive never witnessed behavior like this. I told my bf and his sister, who is the owner, that darlene is not my cat and im not gonna be the one to keep feeding it and cleaning up after it. if i could drive, id drop her off at the house her owner is staying at. 

cowandchicken3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I vouch for all that stuff prior but theres the cat that you want to give away  which is sensible.

I would take it to a pound and theres no doubt whatsoever (if you had that doubt but maybe you didnt) that the cat will be treated well

Its just that you need to select the pound carefully because some pounds are very reluctant to consider new cats as friends

There are local pounds that any cat keeper would approve of, I went to a good one and they had a dozen cats playing in an open room with open cages and many cat jumping posts

melbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im not really fond of shelters as the ones in my area that claim to be no kill, dont really wanna take anymore cats. im pretty sure they do still put animals to sleep. Its been a hard almost yr long battle of trying to get Darlene out of the mess making. All 3 of my cats try to get along with her but she just starts fights and acts very territorial. before she came to me, her owner lived with a bf who had a male cat and darlene got along with the other cat. then she was at a place that had no other cats and she made the worst possible messes and destroyed things. then my bf got her and she continued with her bad behavior. i told my bf that if his sister does not get her cat soon,or he doesnt find someone else who can care for her, i will be calling animal rescue, which is the safest place in my area to take a cat. they take in ferals as well, fix them, and then put the ferals back into the wild in the area they picked them up from. darlene is around a yr 1/2. 1 of my cats is around 2 yrs old, not sure her age since i got her from someone who doesnt know her age. my other female is 1yr old, and my male is 1 1/2yrs old.i got all 3 at separate times and they quickly got used to each other and all get along. idk why darlene picks at my cats. and also picks at neighbors dogs and cats too.ive never had to deal with this problem before. Darlene is now strictly outside unless my bf lets her in. she eats roughly a big bag of cat food a day as well as neighbors dog and cat food. total monthly cost in food and litter combined for my 3 cats- $22. total monthly cost in food for darlene- $45 as well as trying to eat my cats food. also hundreds of dollars in replacing dishes, furniture, clothing, and other things that darlene has destroyed. and also hundreds in floor and wall replacement for the messes on them. when i get the chance, im just gonna take her to where her owner is staying and drop it off there in the crate. 

cowandchicken3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
True, youre not fond of cat shelters that do risky things to animals which is saying a ton.

You want to check out a local shelter that has open rooms

melbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My bf let Darlene back in the house today and she got in my face hissing and growling and she also tried to attack the kittens. Morris protected them and me and I had to force her outside while she's still hissing and growling. She was terrorizing all 3 of my cats. I told my bf she has to go asap becuz she's now getting violent. Since I put her back on out, Morris and kitty won't leave the kittens side. My bf thinks Darlene won't do anything to the kittens but if she's trying to claw them and bite them, it's a problem. Morris and Oreo help mama Kitty clean the kittens and they keep them from harm. I'm shocked that a fixed cat would become aggressive. As of now she has an insulated crate and a food and water dish on the porch. But now she's started spraying around my porch and it smells very strongly and bad. I told her owner today that her cat needs to go and that id like reimbursement for the cat food I bought and for the cost of cleaning and replacements I did.

melbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
big update- Darlene passed away.somebody ran her over in my private driveway. :( i notified the owner but the owner has not responded to my messages. i feel bad about it. she wasnt my cat, but i didnt want anything bad to happen to her. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We are very sorry that Darlene has passed away.

When this occurs we lock the thread out of respect for their memory.

RIP Darlene

Status
Not open for further replies.