Spite or Accident?

voxumo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I've had Gir for over 5 years now, and he's never had an accident until the last month. After I took him to get groomed, and they shaved him down, he's had two accidents, of the piss variety, and both times on my bed. The first time I think he may have gotten too relaxed while he was sleeping and it just happened, as he seemed startled by it and ran out of the room, leaving several piss spots as he ran. The second time was today, about an hour ago. I was in the kitchen which has direct line of sight to my bedroom, and in the span of about 30 minutes another accident occurred. He was meowing in my room, but I didn't think anything of it as he's done that many times before, it was only when I sat down that I noticed it. I didn't get mad at him or anything, more annoyed.

So basically what I am asking is whether or not there is a simple way to tell if this was out of spite or anger on his end, or if it was n actual accident. Had him for almost 6 years now and this is the first time I'm running into this issue, so kind of lost here.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to see a vet. Cats shouldn't have accidents and they don't pee out of spite. He likely has a urinary issue, like a uti, and needs antibiotics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

voxumo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He needs to see a vet. Cats shouldn't have accidents and they don't pee out of spite. He likely has a urinary issue, like a uti, and needs antibiotics.
That was part of my plan. It's still early here but as soon as I know the Vet opened I was going to call to try and get him a checkup.