Spider Problem!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jupiter is a spider hunter and quite often chases me around the house with his kill, not understanding why mummy doesnt want such a lovely gift!

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All I can add is that I'm glad I live in the UK where the insects aren't so scary.
Don't think I could cope with anything more than a house spider, and daddy long legs (crane fly).

jakkies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Eeeek!

Was so not expecting to see a pic with a spider in it...multiple times lol. I am a total arachnahpobe but am fascinated by spiders. It is so bizarre but I figure "now thy enemy"

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JakkieS

Eeeek!

Was so not expecting to see a pic with a spider in it...multiple times lol. I am a total arachnahpobe but am fascinated by spiders. It is so bizarre but I figure "now thy enemy"
That's not really that bizarre.

I'm also an arachnophobe.
I will still completely flip if a spider gets on me, but I won't leave the room screaming if I see one like I used to.

I tried confronting my fear years ago by keeping scorpions, backfired big time, they creeped me out because they scratched at their aquarium glass at night.
Now I keep a tarantula, works well, she completely hands off and doesn't require much, she's quiet and her container is securely locked.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

Jupiter is a spider hunter and quite often chases me around the house with his kill, not understanding why mummy doesn't want such a lovely gift!
My mother-in-law used to get upset when she visited because I never bother to kill spiders (though I will put them outside). We haven't had a problem with spiders for seven years, which is as long as we've had Jamie. He loves to hunt spiders, and if he sees one high up, meows for us to come pick him up so he can get it.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kc&sherman

Sorry I haven't posted - I've been pretty busy during the last couple of days. The night I did post this I did NOT see another spider. *whew* I did, however, see a dead beatle under my pillow.
And no, it was not John or George. (sorry sorry sorry) But last night Mr. and Mrs. Spider's son came charging at me. He was much quicker than the first too, but smaller. I gave him the same treatment his parents got.
It was an impulse, sorry.

I came onto this thread and was greated by a huge fuzzy spider!!
I can't imagine seeing that in real life. How big was it? *shudder*
Well I say about palm size (if you have small womanly hands like me).

My husband I asked him he said from leg tip to leg tip it was about 3 inches in diameter.

It was the biggest spider I ever saw in real life....that's all I know.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be afraid of spiders but now it's no big deal for me to pick up a mexican red-knee tarantula. With those spiders that seem to be coming back from the dead, if you continue seeing them, look around the house for cracks in the walls with webbing over it. If you don't find anything, then it's probably just a typical huntsman spider (extremely common). They are found everywhere but are nothing to worry about. They have a tendancy to get where they are not welcome and you might be annoyed but they are completely harmless.

On the other hand, if you do find some webbing in a crack call an exterminator.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not afraid of spiders, they give me the heebie jeebies but I'm terrified of wasps and hornets. Just simply terrified of them.