Spica ,killed my ,keyb.oard!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Hydroaxe
I had to disconnect mine and take it apart.If you've already tried that, try it again because it still just isn't dry enough.There are a number of those flexible routing layers in your keyboard.Goodluck!
I did tmhat already bfut I tmhin,k I amh.ould've lebft it ap;art l.onger.o mhine .only mhas 2 layers .obf p;lastic t.o p;eel bfac,k and I mhanually dryed all tmhe p;arts .obfbf witmh p;ap;er t.owelling.o I'mh g.onna try it again t.omhmh.or.ow and mh.op;ebfully it will bfe bfix2ed.o Tmhan,ks! I need tmhe luc,k!

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
For $15.00 you can buy a new one and then everyone can read your posts without having to decipher every word.
I'mh s.orry mhissy.o I'mh w.or,king o.n bfix2ing it and ibf I cant I'll bfuy .one.o I just mhavnt given up; mh.op;e .on tmhis .one yet.o I'mh g.onna ta,ke it ap;art again t.omhmh.or.ow and mha,ke sure all tmhe c.onnecti.ons are clean and dry and let it stay ap;art all day.o mh.op;ebfully tmhat will bfe en.ougmh.o Tmhis was an ex2p;ensive ,keybf.oatd I g.ot witmh mhy c.omhp; years ag.o and I'd li,ke t.o bfe abfle t.o still use it.o I've learnt t.o drin,k .out .og bf.ottles n.ow!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, perhaps you could buy a bargain keyboard to use in the interim, while you are waiting for this one to dry out. At this rate, it is just getting too difficult to read your posts.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sooooooooooooo happy! *jumps up and down* I opened it up Monday night and left it open to dry this time instead of just drying what moisture I saw and I also cleaned the connections. One of the 2 things...maybe even both, fixed it! Probably also helped I wasnt home tuesday and left it unplugged.
Anyway, thanks for putting up with the hard to read posts and helping me fix it. Now I can keep this keyboard and not have to be offline!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was crossing my fingers when I clicked hoping to see perfect grammar in your post this time. I know what it's like when the money budget, (or lack thereof) leaves no room for error. Congratulations!

(I wonder how many people have simply thrown out their keyboards or paid rediculous tech fees because they didn't know what to do.)

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was crossing my fingers when I clicked hoping to see perfect grammar in your post this time. I know what it's like when the money budget, (or lack thereof) leaves no room for error. Congratulations!

(I wonder how many people have simply thrown out their keyboards or paid rediculous tech fees because they didn't know what to do.)
Sorry about that. I hated to post bad grammer at the time, but I wasnt ready to give up on this keyboard. Not just because of money, but because I didnt want to believe it was just gonna have to be thrown away. I was extremly lucky. I really was afraid that this time I had messed it up for good. I forget sometimes how adventurous cats can be. From now on I'm not bringing liquid in here except in a bottle (but knowing me I'll leave the top off one day *sigh*)
Another reason I was lucky: I wasnt afraid to take it apart and mess with it. I figured what more could I do to it? I might as well try and now look!
It's ashame that they just get thrown away!

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I'm glad it's fixed too!

a_loveless_gem: I'm glad u werent! I was afraid some people would either be annoyed/mad or think I was faking that. Another site I go to some guy was being 'smart' and tried to copy my writing and say anyone could do that. Jerk.

Anyway I'm back so yeah!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Gothic_Amethyst
Thanks everyone! I'm glad it's fixed too!

a_loveless_gem: I'm glad u werent! I was afraid some people would either be annoyed/mad or think I was faking that. Another site I go to some guy was being 'smart' and tried to copy my writing and say anyone could do that. Jerk.

Anyway I'm back so yeah!
He wasted the time to immitate your keyboard problem? Did you remind him that all he had to do is spill water on it first? I guess he doesn't know a thing about the way remote controls work, but now you do. Hmmmm... what would I think if I was a jerk... I suppose he thinks a keyboard is a highly volatile device that would fry itself with the slightest bit of liquid? He must be afraid of a lot of things.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He wasted the time to immitate your keyboard problem? Did you remind him that all he had to do is spill water on it first? I guess he doesn't know a thing about the way remote controls work, but now you do. Hmmmm... what would I think if I was a jerk... I suppose he thinks a keyboard is a highly volatile device that would fry itself with the slightest bit of liquid? He must be afraid of a lot of things.
You are funny!
That guy really was an idiot because he didnt even notice the pattern in what my key board was typing. Like the word 'the' it always appeared as tmhe and anytime I typed an 'o' a '.' popped up and vice versa. With all those 'patterns' it would be impossible for me to do all that exactly right every post I made. Some people are so stupid! Plus that was mean and rude. I mean how is it funny someone having their keyboard tear up? I bet if it was him he wouldnt be laughing!