sphynx has lumps around his nipples.

badeyecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, I'm trying to find some info about what could be causing these lumps around my male cats nipples. He's a sphynx, 6 years old and neutered. I am not sure how long these lumps have been there but it can't have been long. Does anyone know if this requires vet care and if so how urgently?

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badeyecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just phoned and left them a message, when I was checking him out closer his nipples started leaking blood...which can't be good. I'm waiting for them to call me back.

badeyecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, thanks for checking back. We have a appt tomorrow morning, unfortunately I am not allowed to go in with him and have to wait in my car. It's not ideal but at this point there is no other choice really.

badeyecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've had our appt and the vets are as confused as I am. Two vets have said they have never seen this before. They aren't worried about cancer but they have sent off a needle aspiration to an outside lab as they couldnt figure out what it was on just a slide. Two weeks and they should have results back and then maybe a biopsy. She couldnt even find anything online about it, she's going to continue to research. Very frustrating :(

Pouncecat1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really hope it isn't breast cancer. It is rare but male cats can get breast cancer. It is extremely aggressive and ultimately fatal.
The best treatment is a full mammectomy- They open the cat like a zipper going up the belly and remove the mammary glands. This has to be done on both sides (usually done in 2 surgeries). The good news is the mammary glands are superficial so basically it is just the skin healing itself back together. Not like a spay surgery where they are opening up the abdominal wall and all that.

My cat had a pea sized lump which I had hoped was a fatty tumor. Unfortunately, once it spread it was very aggressive and rapid growing. I had 2 surgeries done and she didn't even make it 8 months. But she was comfortable for most of that time and did not look sick until her last week with us. If I had know it was cancer when the lump was pea sized, it might have helped to do the full mammectomy, but by the time of diagnosis it had already spread from under her arm, to her lower abdomen. This meant it was already widespread in her body on a microscopic level.

Goodluck. I hope I'm wrong and that is not cancer, but I'm very much afraid that it is. Especially since you mention bleeding...

badeyecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the response, I am really afraid its cancer but when I mentioned it to the vet she said she didn't think so. She said it's affecting more then one nipple and it's uniform which aren't characteristic..... I don't know, it seems highly suspicious to me but I'm not vet...I'll have to wait and see what the outside lab sends back.