Sphynx female cat :)

martakoshka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have a sphynx female cat in Miami. This is the best breed ever in my view ))) It's my first sphynx cat and I can tell that she is not like other cats :) Also I want to breed her ones before she will be spayed. If anyone has sphynx boy in Florida? :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do you want to breed your cat? It's a risk to her health, and not advisable for every person or cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

martakoshka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Why do you want to breed your cat? It's a risk to her health, and not advisable for every person or cat.
Thank you for your worry ;) but I know about all risks and how not to get a problem with her health. I'm vet. Our family decided to make it after a long conversation

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you will find a breeder to mentor you. Most vets I've found don't have a ton of experience with newborns or mothers.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're in south Florida, why not call Elaine at SunPines?  They have GC Sires (in fact Captain - one of their Sires - is the past CFA National Champion), although I don't know if they'd be amenable, I suspect they might be.

http://sunpinesphynx.com/

Last edited:

martakoshka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope you will find a breeder to mentor you. Most vets I've found don't have a ton of experience with newborns or mothers.
I have experience of breeding, I was aTurkish van breeder.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! I have a sphynx female cat in Miami. This is the best breed ever in my view ))) It's my first sphynx cat and I can tell that she is not like other cats :) Also I want to breed her ones before she will be spayed. If anyone has sphynx boy in Florida? :)
Do you show her? It might be worth trying to grand her before breeding, it will be easier for kittens to find homes if both parents are GC, because then you will not only get the interest of pet buyers, but also those wishing to show in championship or premiership. This will also help you get a good reputation among Sphinx breeders. I know you already bred cats, but wasn't sure if you had any experience with showing, that's why I just wanted to point this out. :)

martakoshka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you show her? It might be worth trying to grand her before breeding, it will be easier for kittens to find homes if both parents are GC, because then you will not only get the interest of pet buyers, but also those wishing to show in championship or premiership. This will also help you get a good reputation among Sphinx breeders. I know you already bred cats, but wasn't sure if you had any experience with showing, that's why I just wanted to point this out. :)
Hi ;) Yes, I showed my cats. But I don't want to make my sphynx a cat for breeding. And we don't want to sell kittens. We will breed her only once. One kitten will stay with us, and we have relatives and friends who want to take a kitten ;)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi ;) Yes, I showed my cats. But I don't want to make my sphynx a cat for breeding. And we don't want to sell kittens. We will breed her only once. One kitten will stay with us, and we have relatives and friends who want to take a kitten ;)
This is a very good approach. I just wanted to be sure that if you were to take the route of selling a litter to potential buyers that you would have enough potential homes.