Spent a few hours in the ER last night

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That must have been scary.
Hopefully they can get to the bottom of the cause and figure out how to treat it/prevent that from happening again.

Did you ever find out what caused that swelling? (and if that wasn't you, I'm sorry - my brain must be a bit off at the moment.
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

That must have been scary.
Hopefully they can get to the bottom of the cause and figure out how to treat it/prevent that from happening again.

Did you ever find out what caused that swelling? (and if that wasn't you, I'm sorry - my brain must be a bit off at the moment.
)
Mmmmm no swelling for me as far as I remember

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I must have confused you with someone else that was flying to another country to visit family for the holidays.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Im sorry that happened! That happened to my Gpa right after his tripple bypass! He landed in the ER too!

Im a weirdo though and love to be at the hospital, right in the middle of all the excitment!! I loved interning there, and the best part was working on the ambulances! CANT WAIT TO DO IT ALL THE TIME!

Im so glad you're okay
&

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that you are in tune with your body enough to know that something was wrong and went to the ER!

I hope things settle down for you. Our bodies came with 2 of pretty much everything and we can often do without one, but unfortunately we only came with one heart and when there is problems with it, it tends to be a scarey feeling.

Sending you lots and lots of healing vibes!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man Sarah, I would've been flipping out!!

How was Andrew through the whole thing?

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you're sorted out and okay....I know how scary that fast heart rate is!
When I was about 20 or so, I started having sudden spurts of very fast heartbeats. You could literally watch my shirt move. They would only last a couple minutes then wash out just as quickly as they came. I had tests run, I wore a monitor....nothing showed up. Keeping in mind my father had serious heart condition...it was worrying. But it didn't happen often and it's amazing what you can get used to, ya know?
Anyways, later in my early 30s, they came on one night and just wouldn't quit, if it did, it came right back a couple breathes later. After dealing with it for a 3-4 hours(what was I thinking?) we went to the ER....pulse rate 240. They couldn't believe it and like you I was given something by IV that chilled the heartrate right out and I went home with meds and appt to see cario dr.
They determined that I had an extra nerve in my heart that keep the impulses trapped in a circle basically instead of it finishing the beat and moving on. Scheduled surgery and afterwards the doc told me that I was his first ever patient to have not 1 but 3 extra nerves...so no wonder! They zapped them though and I have been ok since.
Just sharing the experience because you just never know when it might help yours or someone else.
I do hope you will be fine and no more trips to the ER...they can be so exhausting, huh?