Spent $50 on a Furminator...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naturestee

...Edit: Why did you have to pay $50 though? Shipping? The cat size one was $25 at a local pet store.
Two reasons:

1) Prices of all things not produced on the island are inflated because they have to come here by air or ferry.

2) Even though the Canadian and American dollar are almost equal, most U.S. items still have about a 30% increase tagged on them from when the Canadian dollar was way below the U.S. dollar. (Pet peeve of mine!)

The small Furminator is $49.99 CDN plus GST at Bosleys, the only place that I know of that has them here.
http://www.bosleys.com/

It worked out well, though, since I returned it. If I had ordered it I would have to pay shipping and possibly duty (depending on where it's made) and couldn't have returned it, at least not without more expense.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's kind of funny....when I'm doing my hair, Cleo will come up to me and bonk her head into my arm until I relent and comb her for a bit. Once I've given her a good comb, I'm free to finish doing my hair, lol!

I bought a Zoom Groom on the recommendation of a couple of friends on another cat site. NONE of my girls will tolerate it at all! Not even Cleo, who usually loves being combed. Anyone need a barely used Zoom Groom?

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, I don't know what a zoom groom is either. Now, though, I am going to find a furminator, and try to get them to accept grooming via training with treats and clicking.

mechanicalman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat enjoys being brushed with this thing. She stretches out and rolls around when I use it on her, and she will sometimes look at me when I stop, like she wants me to continue. She basically behaves the same as when I pet her. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have the same attitude about getting her nails clipped. You can find the cat FURminator for $20 shipped in the US.

mikex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, I just picked one up at Petsmart. So far I am pretty impressed with what it pulls off.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got one on ebay for $19 and some odd change shipping included, brand new in the box. Clicker training for grooming, here I come.