Speed Racing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I don't know why we keep talking about our cats. I guess we like cats a lot! 
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say ... I think ... we're all here ... to talk about our cats.  

Two super cute cats @Losna   
   They have to get along well because they look so pretty together. 
I wish. It's been 6 months now and we're still working on integration. http://www.thecatsite.com/t/283930/cat-introduction-woes  Things have only improved marginally since my last posting there.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cats are beautiful, @Losna! I clicked on this thread because of  "Speed Racing"... something our Ireland, who's also a Siamese mix, a lynx mix, does. It's hilarious how she sprints down hallways: her paws sometimes even squeal a little when she stops short! She's a very active cat, almost two years old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@LisaHE   heheh yeah, Sinbad is around 2 as well.  It's very adorable when he sprints, although I only see a blur as he sprints past. We have seen him slide across the floor when trying to stop.  My husband says he's seen a few tumbles - apparently if I'm sitting when Sinbad starts his run and stand up in the middle of it, he'll go careening down the hallway (or wherever he happens to be) because wanting to race to mommy trumps wanting to finish the current race and he's too excited to do anything but try to turn the other way immediately.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My ladies do the racing thing, too. Except I often get all four playing anything-goes-full-contact-follow-the-leader-tag-and-wrestle, with me as an extra-points obstacle. When they get going, I just pull the covers over my head, listen and laugh.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When two of older boys were younger they had those speed racing moments too. I then made opening into wardrobe wall so they could run around the chimney and boy did they run! :D

Lap after lap they picked up more and more speed, basicly they were running in a circle that has diameter not much more than 10 feet, it did not took them 2 seconds to complete a circle, despite one small opening and couple of extra turns needed to be made.

Eventually they were going so fast that one of them or both rammed to wall at full speed, luckily my walls are really old so they are made of wood fiber sheets, which is rather soft to ram into, after gathering their bearings for a moment they started to run into other direction, until they were so exhausted that they were breathing trough mouth, tongue sticking out like dogs.

Small girl is still a runner, or perhaps more of a jumper, she just bounces off from any surface, wall, floor, sofa, she has short legs but she is so light that she rarely touches ground when she is really moving.

She also climbs up vertical surfaces too, it is rare to see her going slowly.

I think all that running is great for their health, like for us humans, some exercise is good for us.

Who knows, maybe cats do get similar great feeling after exercise as we humans do and that is what some of them has found out and that being reason they seek out having longer routes to run :)