Special vibes needed...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got home from the vets, yep I did get Autumn there today and again thanks for all the vibes.

I was shocked to see that she weighs 12.13 lbs so I had to buy her the over 9 lbs Advantage. She also took blood to check for feline leukemia since the paper work didn't show she had one, I am waiting to hear the results of that test.

For the teary eyes she gave me some powdered meds to put into Autumn's wet food which may help the problem. She knows I can't give her meds cuz Autumn won't allow it

The vet read all the medical history of Autumn which I didn't understand and it seems like my lil girl had a few issues as a kitten but the shelter cleared everything up. Looks like Autumn's birthday is June 30th, 2006 so she just turned four recently.

Anyway I am so happy I got her there today, oh yeah I forgot to mention how I was able to scruff her. She was sitting on the top pillows of the couch where I was reading but each time I moved she would open her eyes and I knew she didn't trust me. I finally got up and took a shot, I put a few of her favorite snacks on the seat of the couch and she jumped down to eat them, as soon as she bent her head I was able to scruff her and put her into the carrier.

It took me a year and a half but I finally did it,

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I'm glad you were able to get her in the carrier finally and to the vet for a check-up! Also glad she's doing ok.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed the beginning of this thread, so now I'm sending
, so happy you managed Autumn's vet appointment! I have a couple of timid babies myself, so I understand.
Good to hear that she's apparently a healthy girl.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, now, that is all great news. Any latent worries about the FeLV/FIV can be laid to rest. She's had her check up and all is well.

How did she do, at the vet? Was it difficult to get her out o the carrier, once she was there? Putting her back in?

What powder did the vet give you for her eyes? Is it l-lysine? Did the vet think there is a bacterial infection, or perhaps the herpes virus?

sorry so many questions, I am always interested in meds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Aw, now, that is all great news. Any latent worries about the FeLV/FIV can be laid to rest. She's had her check up and all is well.

How did she do, at the vet? Was it difficult to get her out o the carrier, once she was there? Putting her back in?

What powder did the vet give you for her eyes? Is it l-lysine? Did the vet think there is a bacterial infection, or perhaps the herpes virus?

sorry so many questions, I am always interested in meds.
Read my one of my last posts telling how I got Autumn in the carrier. The vet had to dump her out of the carrier onto the table, no problem getting her back in, she couldn't wait to get back in.

Yes it is l-lysine, it could possibly be a herpes virus. Anyway I'm just glad the vet visit is over till next year

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's awesome news! I can totally relate to the carrier thing. Pandora and Hurley both hate getting into the carrier and I recently met someone who adopted her cat from the same place I got all of mine and her cat hates the carrier too.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Read my one of my last posts telling how I got Autumn in the carrier. The vet had to dump her out of the carrier onto the table, no problem getting her back in, she couldn't wait to get back in.

Yes it is l-lysine, it could possibly be a herpes virus. Anyway I'm just glad the vet visit is over till next year
Mission accomplished - good for you!!!
With Andrea, she kept hooking her toes into the carrier's slits, so we had to dissemble the carrier from around her. Not to mention that being feral, she bites
Unlike JC, who had made coming out from the carrier into a artful entrance, complete with waving a fluffed out tail & ears in full upright position - guaranteed to create a room full of ooohs and aaahs

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

how I was able to scruff her. She was sitting on the top pillows of the couch where I was reading but each time I moved she would open her eyes and I knew she didn't trust me. I finally got up and took a shot, I put a few of her favorite snacks on the seat of the couch and she jumped down to eat them, as soon as she bent her head I was able to scruff her and put her into the carrier.

It took me a year and a half but I finally did it,
Glad for you. Y'know I wonder - A vet clinic probably receives a lot of late appointments (or as you said, cancellations) because of the capture, scruff, lock 'em up some of us go through.

Here, Daisy is easy. Penny is a bit more challenging.

Glad Autumn is alright

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This may sound silly but I am even adding to my nightly prayers that God helps me get Autumn in that carrier and to the vet
I do that too.
Because of Miss Difficult - also known as Penny. And I also pray to be on-time for the appointment, if God sees fit. And it works for me!